Looking for a slip on Exhaust..

JonKerr

Elite Member

jcbrown630

Yeah I went a head and put the stock exhaust back on. I'm not going to ride around on a bike shooting flames out the side and backfiring as loud as it was. It was really disappointing. When I heard that thing fire up and that low, loud growl, I was so happy. Then when I rev'd it up and that loud bang and a foot of flame just burst my bubble. :( I was expecting a bit of a pop and a little backfire, but nothing like that.

I'm still not 100% decided on the weather I want to get a Juice Box or a Power Commander. The $100+ savings of the JB is so tempting, but the ability to have my buddy at Full Throttle Powersports do a dyno run and custom map with the PCV is pulling me that way. I just need to save up the cash.
What headers and can? I ran the 02 r6 header and bent with the jackhandle in the primary , idk if my write up is what santana was going by or not but i don't have 12in flames when i rev mine!!! I've got a standard 02 r6 can D&D

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

Stricken

Just kill the AIS in the bike and you wont have anymore decel popping. Even with the power commander, my bike still pops during hard decel.

MikeN02

Yes all bikes that come from factory are lean, but when you add a new aftermarket pipe on there it makes it even more lean because more air is coming in. The thing about stock is that the ECU is built for the stock pipe which allows more fuel to be compensated for the air.

With an after-market pipe more air is coming in because, well the pipe has more air coming in. The ECU isn't able to add more fuel than stock, therefore having a lot more backfire than stock.

It's always better to run rich than to run lean, you're damaging the engine by sucking it dry of fuel.

JonKerr

Elite Member

cavcuz05

What is the difference between our setup and the TBR? Isn't that just a straight pipe to exhaust without cat?

you are correct however those shortys have no baffels in them...i would say its like putting a Come werks slipon equalivant on the r6...it purley cosmetic on the r6...i have a buddy with the same one on his r6 and we noticed 0 performance and maybe a little kick in hp on the butt dyno but not nothin spectacular...however i love your setup wish i would have done more searching for a shorter slipon...i will be cutting mine if i cant sell it...also cant wait to see your video...i should post up a better one than my first one

JonKerr

Elite Member

2w05thletes

Well, just got back from a test ride. This bitch is loud. At least compared to what I'm used to. Not as loud as my Dad's Harley. But his bike also cruises at 3000 RPM, not 6500. LOL. I'm so happy with it. The sound is great. It rev's up so much cleaner and quicker. The 'ol "Butt Dyno" felt a bit of an increase. But it may just be because can breath better and quicker so it's getting up to speed faster. After a couple of days of heating, bending, test fitting cutting, grinding, etc... I'm freaking tired. A lot of it was so much trial and error. But if I had to do it again, it wouldn't take nearly as much time or effort.

I'll get some pictures after I rest and maybe shoot a quick video.
So you plated it Jon?

Detrich

just beware of the new CA loud motorcycle pipes law that the Governator signed... :(

JonKerr

Elite Member

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

rjsantana20

I dont have flames shooting out on my setup.

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

JonKerr

Elite Member