Long Freeway/Highway/Expressway rides?

Desertrdr

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and am considering purchasing the FZ6R. Great Bike and great forum BTW!

I plan on taking it into the mountains most of the time which will require a 2 hour ride mostly up-hill (at least one way :) ) at 75+ miles per hour. Just wondering if I could get some feedback on how the bike rides at high speeds for long periods of time, or if I should consider something with a bigger engine for this purpose.

Thanks!!

It's been a great commuter bike for me. I take it 5 days a week to work 110 miles round trip. Here in Socal everyone drives @ 80. Which becomes my average speed if I wanna be safe. It has been a blast riding this bike. There's quite a bit of pretty high hills and valleys around my drive and there's plenty of juice in this machine when I need it in a hurry. I am very happy with my purchase with this bike. For the price, power and pretty good looks it's a fairly good package. But don't take our word for it, just google reviews on the bike read for yourself. It's fairly unanimous=great all around bike! Good luck!

Great bike for speed commuting. Ive done several trips of 500+ miles nearly non stop at a above 80 mph the entire time, and no problems what so ever.

just rode the bike for 4 hours straight...and then went out to eat....no problems....great bike.... I had a gixxer before and it was not nearly as comfertable, theres no difference in the pick up, the speed was only 25 mph difference in my bike now and my gixxer 1100..... not worth the price difference for me....

The seat can get really uncomfortable after about 45 min.. Feels like I'm sitting on a wood plank... But maybe that is because I have no junk in the trunk:D

find on the highway but you have to change the gearing..... drop aleast 3 teeth off the rear.

otherwise it was not that much better then my ninja 250...... 1st gear was good for about 15 feet before the rear gear.

now it keeps up with traffic very easy and smokes them if you want.!!

changed the rear sprocket from a 46 to a 43.

you can ride 150 to 200 miles in one day and not even break a sweat very easy to ride. clutch/brakes/handlebars . handles very good to because the swingarm pivot is very long longer then a r1.

yamaha learned this from GP road racing.

Thanks all for your helpful guidance and real world experience in highway mode. This answers my question. I will try the bike stock for a while and then see if I need to change the gearing at a later time. It sounds like I may not have to.

After all my research this was my last remaining question. I am looking to pick one of these up at the end of the month.

Thanks again!

This bike's cruising speed is around 80. Especially if you go +1 on the front sprocket.

yes must be short shifting..... usally go by how the motor sounds so i guess i don't rev it as high as some riders in the lower gears.

Back