Keep these in mind when "Trying" to get rid of chicken strips

jcbrown630

Books on tape FTMFW!!!

:rof:
No No... An actual video w/ Keith and several professionals demostrating the different techniques. He's got several bikes with "dial gauges" to show the countersteering etc. It was really interesting to SEE things you've already learned being put into practice properly by others to help you improve.

Detrich

wow, good thing he wasn't hurt badly...

after seeing that i'm always going to wear my full gear in the canyons no matter how hot it gets or how weird i feel... on this past weekend's ride, i was the only one that showed up in "full" gear. :( and, i felt kinda awkward- kinda like i showed up to a casual party wearing a tuxedo, where everyone was in jeans and t-shirt... xP

but, i love my skin and i want to keep it. so, end of story i guess... :)

JonKerr

Elite Member

jcbrown630

Some friends of mine just wet to the Keith Code Ca Superbike School. THey said he's such an incredible teacher. They loved it. It's expensive, but if you can afford it, it's the best money you can spend. Plus you get to ride the BMW s1000rr in the school. :cool:
Keith explains things really well in the video, even if the rest of the "story" actors were terrible at best.:iconbeer:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

Superfly

OMG thats my helmet...

I'm guessing that 1) too hot into the corner 2) chopped throttle 3) front tire lost it and lowsided.

Thats not a brake-light on is it? Cant tell if its just running lights...

JonKerr

Elite Member

Fogride

He did good! He got in a corner way to hot ( novice ) but he was smart enough to stay on the bike and keep his feet on the pegs, saved himself a high side that could have been deadly on that road. Keeping his feet on the pegs will save him a broken hip or worse, going down with your feet together, feet first, and on your back gives you the best chance to walk away. I wish him the best.

Detrich

found these short videos about body positioning... their british accents are a bit hard to understand, but if u watch it twice it makes good sense.

it's basically what jon said... that is- keep the bike as upright as you can to maintain control and lower your center of gravity to lean your body. the instructor said that you only lean the bike as you get more skilled at it, but that the bike shouldn't lean so much. your body leans. :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCg3BMGe52M]YouTube - MCN: How to get your knee down[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wYD9SSBBNQ&feature=fvw]YouTube - Body Positioning when cornering[/ame]

iSpoolin

I watched Twist of the Wrist 2 by Keith Code. Best 1hr and 30 minute learning experience of my life. Definitely going to feel more confident in my riding now. I recommend everybody watch it if you haven't!

Brock Kickass

Very eye-opening shots. It's easy to think you'll never be the one, but it happens in a hurry. I feel for this guy. Hope he came out of this more or less ok.
Question on form: How important is getting your knee down? I get inside the bike, one cheek on, etc, but my knee whants to stay up, not tight to the bike, but I put my weight on my inside peg and seem to have a more solid stance with my knee on the line between my centre of gravity and my inside peg. It's been working for me. I don't ride hyper-agressive, but I like to touch my peg now and then. Am I a road-pizza waiting to happen?

iSpoolin

Very eye-opening shots. It's easy to think you'll never be the one, but it happens in a hurry. I feel for this guy. Hope he came out of this more or less ok.
Question on form: How important is getting your knee down? I get inside the bike, one cheek on, etc, but my knee whants to stay up, not tight to the bike, but I put my weight on my inside peg and seem to have a more solid stance with my knee on the line between my centre of gravity and my inside peg. It's been working for me. I don't ride hyper-agressive, but I like to touch my peg now and then. Am I a road-pizza waiting to happen?
Look up one post. Go watch that. It'll answer your question lol

Brock Kickass

OK, it looks like I'm on the right track. I don't get my knee as pointed as MotoGP riders, but I definitely get my whole body inside the bike and get my shoulder down, which seems to be the important part. My knee falls in to a natural position. Too bad it's winter in Canada and I can't get any practice for another 3 or 4 months... sigh

YamaDon

Body position looks kinda OK to me for street riding(knee dragging is for the track and is meant to (hopefully) recover a slide, NOT low CG). - lean angle is not that severe, pegs don't even appear to be touching. My guess is too much throttle mid-late corner(or chopped the throttle?). RE: Nick Ienatsch's book "Sport Riding Techniques: How To Develop Real World Skills for Speed, Safety, and Confidence on the Street and Track ". I highly reccomend to all sport bike riders. Correction - make that ALL RIDERS!
Ride safe, Ride informed! :thumbup:

Detrich

Saw this random mishap on Facebook... This fall wasn't too bad, but because the rider only wore jeans & sneakers, those rashes are going to leave some nasty scars...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyfiIxf29JQ&feature=autofb]YouTube - Buell Lowside Motorcycle Crash Feb 6th, 2011[/ame]

Just a reminder the importance of (1) not being too cheap to buy a decent pair of boots & riding pants, (2) not being lazy to actually put the gear on while riding...

But, i'm not sure Heineken would say 1 pair of each is enough gear... LOL. J/K. xP

Sage

That just popped on my feed also, took me a minute to figure how he lowsided. This is making me order some knee protection in the form of armor or pants before spring..

iSpoolin

Saw this random mishap on Facebook... This fall wasn't too bad, but because the rider only wore jeans & sneakers, those rashes are going to leave some nasty scars...

YouTube - Buell Lowside Motorcycle Crash Feb 6th, 2011

Just a reminder the importance of (1) not being too cheap to buy a decent pair of boots & riding pants, (2) not being lazy to actually put the gear on while riding...

But, i'm not sure Heineken would say 1 pair of each is enough gear... LOL. J/K. xP
Shit like this is made me want to buy good gear.

I bought my jacket, gloves, and helmet right off the bat, got the best I could. Upgraded the back protection in the jacket. Now im in the market for the Icon Leg guards and a nice pair of boots (can't decide though, anybody suggest a good pair? )