it sucks when...

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member
Last edited:

Fenixgoon

Its a circle with traffic in it. :D

:justkidding:

This one has 5 mini roundabouts inside of two larger ones going in opposite directions. The Magic Roundabout. There are three intersections like this in UK. One in Swindon, Hemel and Cardiff (home of Torchwood...anybody?).

How it works.

You were just kidding...right?
*head asplodes* :eek::eek::eek:

Bloke

best idea ever... no lights, forces people to slow down at every intersection, plus usually not an eyesore of wires/lights... on large "round abouts" they sometimes do put lights

http://www.600cc.org/forum/f6/light-painting-23139/#post302312
On most main roundabouts they try and make the traffic stay flowing so they have big unobstructed views and you'll often be able to breeze through one at what ever speed you were going at. It's even more awesome on a bike :) 60mph, nice predictable curve... Yeeeaaahhh!!!!, lean, look, throttle on!

As for the op...

You think it's a glorious spring day, little chilly but clear skies and glorious sunshine, you kit up, hop on and the front washes out from under you turning out of your street. :(

Bent rear brake, cracked fairing, scuffed crank case, bruised and swollen knee and foot. Worse still you had to ask a passing cyclist to give you a hand lifting the bike up as you're standing on a massive patch of black ice and have already fallen over twice trying to pick it up.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Bloke

another:
When you're riding to work along the motorway (70mph "highway") with a cold, you feel a sneeze coming and try to hold it in only it splatters all over your visor.

Whilst still heaving because of what just happened, you lower the tinted internal visor for some eye protection and raise the external one so you can see again only for a second sneeze to come out of nowhere... The 70mph wind covers the lower half of your face in snot.

The looks I got cleaning myself up at the nearest service station... :(

Last edited:

bigddy263

Your approaching a stop sign, avoid a pot hole, only to have the front tire ride up onto a rock about the size of a deck of cards, and bam, your down. minor damage, some scrapes to the bike, bent shifter, small dent in tank, minor sprained ankle. Hurt pride :mad:

Rawknrohl

when your head itches and you scratch it, forgetting that you have a helmet on and its not working. (first time for everything).

you go in the store to buy something and come out thinking, how am i going to get this home.
I am so glad to hear I'm not the only one who does this...had to ride 24 miles home from the dealer the other day with a giant can of motorex chain lube in the pocket of my jeans...:rolleyes:

AngryAnt

You turn your bike around, got your jacket and gloves on, facing down the road about to give it hell in 1st gear when something feels a little off, and you realize you have no helmet and its indoors, and you already close the garage and locked the house.

/Hopefully I'm not the only one that's ever done this.

motogp6r

it sucks when the day starts sunny and warm. so i ride the faster, yellow fz6r to the other side of town to see the babes at the local shopping center. i then go inside mall for an hour only to realize its raining and i have a tshirt on. the temperature dropped to 60 and i was a noob at the time. that day ended with me freezing, on the way back home. first time i needed to clean the bike was after that ride. the whole bike was covered in mud. :stupidpc:

Sparkxx1

You turn your bike around, got your jacket and gloves on, facing down the road about to give it hell in 1st gear when something feels a little off, and you realize you have no helmet and its indoors, and you already close the garage and locked the house.

/Hopefully I'm not the only one that's ever done this.
I forget my helmet so often but thankfully I've never made it out of the driveway. I'm like DOH wdf now I have to go inside. or I'm on the bike about to go and my buddy goes. D: I think you're forgetting something...

Bloke

You go for an awesome ride, park up. Take off your helmet, gloves, tank bag and walk in your house.

Put down the above, including your house keys, grab your bike chain and cover, walk outside close the door behind you, hearing a click clunk behind you.

You realise you've locked your helmet, gloves, phone, house keys in your house... Then the heavens open and you spend the next hour wandering around In your bike pants, boots, jacket looking for a bloody payphone then wait another 2 hours in torrential rain waiting for your parents to turn up with your spare set of keys.

*facedesk*

Mr Citrus

You go for an awesome ride, park up. Take off your helmet, gloves, tank bag and walk in your house.

Put down the above, including your house keys, grab your bike chain and cover, walk outside close the door behind you, hearing a click clunk behind you.

You realise you've locked your helmet, gloves, phone, house keys in your house... Then the heavens open and you spend the next hour wandering around In your bike pants, boots, jacket looking for a bloody payphone then wait another 2 hours in torrential rain waiting for your parents to turn up with your spare set of keys.

*facedesk*

Glad I'm not the only one

See red

Sneeze in your helmet. and one of those hard, wet, nasty allergy sneezes.

Realise you just left the keys to your bike, house and car in the wifes car as she drives off to great america with the kids, and you are not in the house.
9 hours later and a beautiful day? gone, ride? nope.

Mr Citrus

Sneeze in your helmet. and one of those hard, wet, nasty allergy sneezes.

Realise you just left the keys to your bike, house and car in the wifes car as she drives off to great america with the kids, and you are not in the house.
9 hours later and a beautiful day? gone, ride? nope.
I always sneeze, but out of habit cover the outside of my helmet :D
edit: i just saw spitfires post, high five!

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

See red

When your daughter gets her first period while on the back of your bike 3 miles from home at a stop light....... yeh... it happened... and yeh.. it sucks.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member