it sucks when...

JonKerr

Elite Member

gearhead

Smell. This happened twice last year: Deer hit and left to decay on side of road with no other way to get to work. The first time it happened, I had no idea how bad the stench would suddenly appear and exponentially increase over the next 9 days. Provided, the temps were in the 100's, but when one has no air conditioner and the only defense is to not breathe, it was all I could do to not to barf inside my helmet. This was an evil, gag-inducing, eye-watering, odor-festival of helmet-staining proportions.

The second time, a deer was dead on the side of the same road about 50 feet from the previous stenchathon. Mercifully, winter set in, the temps got cold, and it didn't stink after 2 days. In comparision to the previous, I could actually almost enjoy the process of decay as I rode by every day.

If you have ever encountered this, you know what I mean. If not, I graphically apologize.

Last edited:

MikeN02

- Stuck behind a Garbage Truck because you're in a giant turnpike.

- Rain X didn't work so you're helmet fogs up in the cold.

- Bugs splatter on your visor

- You didn't look at your footing and went down, with plenty of people watching.

- Harley's are being as loud as possible behind you when you are going slow because you don't know the road. Then over take you thinking their fast.

- It starts to rain

bmw675

when your head itches and you scratch it, forgetting that you have a helmet on and its not working. (first time for everything).

you go in the store to buy something and come out thinking, how am i going to get this home.

MikeN02

So true, I put back a pack of water and just picked up 1 bottle lol.

- Windy days that almost blow you off your bike.

Bikegirl88

it's winter!

Tabitha

-when you think your kickstand is down and it's not and there is a crowd watching the inevitable :banghead:

Heineken

Elite Member

stuna

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUMwu_gXK7Q&feature=related]YouTube - The Lion sleeps tonight FULL[/ame]

mfischler

Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

JonKerr

Elite Member

bmw675

when you're hungry and you decide to go through drive-thru...

Chip

When you're a beginner and you think "sure I can slowly coast through that stop sign in 2nd) and a car comes speeding like crazy out of no where and you slow down too much and stall.

Happened to me at a very rural stop, nobody is ever there, but going in 2nd @ 5mph=fail. I just barely kept the bike upright.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Chip

When you miss 2nd and rev the $hit out of her..... stupid neutral between 1st and 2nd....
Or, don't know how many of you experienced this since I'm still pretty beginner, but accelerating down a road (from 0 to speed limit of 55). Your upshifting and upshifting, and before you know it you're in 6th and you try to upshift again, almost losing balance in process!

Only happened to me once, from then on I started to make sure to remember what gear I was in!

JonKerr

Elite Member