It happened to me!

Motomama

I had almost a perfect weekend.

5 of us started out yesterday morning for a 2 days ride to Fort Hunter Liggett, Jolon California. The weather couldn't of been more perfect, 75 degree both days. We took all gorgeous back roads. Sometime the pace was super fast.. like 110 mph, but for most part it was spirited and fun.

Fort Hunter Liggett was quite since no troop was there,but we stayed at the La Hacienda which was built by the Hearst Family and it was beautiful.

After a great night rest and a healthy breakfast, we all head home. 830 am we were on our bikes and headed out for another day of beautiful roads and warm weather again.

We took Naciemento Ferguson Rd, which was beautiful, but very technical and dirty. The views on this road was breathless. We were up at 4 thousand feet elevation with twisties turns , gorgeous ocean views and switchback turns as we made our way down to HWY 1.

We were making great timing so we decided to meet up with the group I usually ride with as they were out on a ride. I was so happy we were able to track down the group. As I was joining the group feeling very happy, I made a right turn hit a large area of gravel and down I went. It was very quick, but I remember watching my bike slide off of me to the right hand side and I m being thrown off my bike. I landed on my right shoulder. My friends helped me pickup my bike. All I can say is the frame sliders did its job. The rear brake pedal was a little bend. Minor scratches to the up fairing. The flush mount signal lense did broke off, but that was it. I was able to ride the bike home.

I was wearing my Aerostich Jacket, BMW City pants, BMW all Weather Riding boots, Racers Carbon Fiber gloves and Force Fields Back protector. The gloves was the ones that took a lot of beating as you can see from the picture. The jacket and pants had very little scuff marks.

I was kind of bummed since I had so much fun riding these past two days with my friends. We did 340 miles. I was feeling so connected with my bike. I already put 8200 miles since April. But nevertheless, I am still very grateful I made it home in one piece. As I was wiping some left over lasagna sauce from my daughter's face, I m was so happy to be home and to able to take care of my family.

My right hand and shoulder is kind of aching, but that is to be expected.

What I learn from today's mishap is I need to be focusing 120% all the time. I was so happy to have found my riding group that when I took that right hand turn I wasn't paying attention to the conditions of the road. I can never let my guards down... And I hope you all won't either.

Thanks, Toni

Toni
Samsung Galaxy S3

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1384152950399.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384152950399.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 63
  • uploadfromtaptalk1384152988314.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384152988314.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 68
  • uploadfromtaptalk1384153016214.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384153016214.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 65
  • uploadfromtaptalk1384153046785.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384153046785.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 62
  • uploadfromtaptalk1384153091182.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384153091182.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 62
  • uploadfromtaptalk1384153111783.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384153111783.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 57
Glad you're ok! And glad you had all the gear on! Man a lot of wrecks on the forum these days.

Hope your aches heal fast!

Ride safe!

Glad you came out relatively unscathed...

Wondering how you peeled those knuckles on the left glove, landing on your right shoulder... Good deal being completely geared up --

Thank you guys, yes I m glad it was minor except for some pain and acheness in the wrist part of my right hand.

Rabbitman109.... The shroud came off during the first part of the ride. I guess my husband didn't glue it in good enough.

The bike is in pieces right now. He was working on fixing the headlight last night but it got late. The fun continue today.

Toni
Samsung Galaxy S3

Glad to hear your ok!

Glad you came out relatively unscathed...

Wondering how you peeled those knuckles on the left glove, landing on your right shoulder... Good deal being completely geared up --

No, that's the right handed glove.

Thank you, I love riding and all gear is a must at all times. This is a very fun sport, but as we can see this is a very dangerous sport too. Things can change in matter of seconds.

Toni
Samsung Galaxy S3

What I learn from today's mishap is I need to be focusing 120% all the time. I was so happy to have found my riding group that when I took that right hand turn I wasn't paying attention to the conditions of the road. I can never let my guards down... And I hope you all won't either. /QUOTE]

This!!

Great to hear you are ok and little damage to your ride!
Little reminders help us keep things in check from time to time -thankfully yours was not a costly one:)

Back