I think Whatever went to the Kia Optima Forum

ajskillz13

So... just leased a new Kia Optima and have been cruising their forums the last two days.

Looks like they have a guy who compares to our buddy "Whatever". Every post from him has bad grammar and they are all skeptical and critical of all of his posts. He at least seems to actually have an Optima and is making mods, but they are pretty harsh on this dude and it's quite hilarious.

See posts from dgm2389... DRL Bumper Cut - Page 3

Fizzer6R

how dare you insult the coolest member to ever grace this forum

ajskillz13

You leased an Optima?
2013 SXL (Limited) ... it has some features like LED DRLs that guys were adding with mods, Napa leather heated and cooled seats, pano sunroof etc.

Never thought I'd drive a KIA, but this is the best equipped and performing sport sedan for the $$$.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

ajskillz13

they are all nice off the lot but they fall apart soon thereafter. just my opinion
We'll find out (At least it's only a lease)... Is this experience with anything 2011 or newer? They have changed quite a bit in the last two years. The lead designer was stolen from Audi a few years ago.

ajskillz13

Looks good! I really like white cars, but Ol' What's Her Face hates them, so we'll never own one...
I have the same issue at home with silver. She tolerated my Saab, but she actually cheered that our three vehicles (6R included) are all white.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

lwclancers

First gen KIA doesnt compare at all to current gen.

Consider the change in Hyundai over the years....KIA is starting to follow suit.

CrazyCawi

Kia is an excellent vehicle and built in Seoul which believe it or not a lot of your domestic and foreign cars get parts from Seoul. Go look at some cars fr Seoul they are the car capital of the world for tuner cars. It's amazing what they can do. As for quality Hyundai and Kia have really done a lot in the last 5 years to reshape their vehicles and build quality. They truly are a top tier contender with the likes of Toyota, Honda, and Nissan at a fraction of the cost, just takes time to get over their daewoo like history.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?jtgic5

r0ar

I miss whatever, the forum is not complete without its troll...
Protest for his return shall we?

I have a 2011 Kia Forte and that thing is awesome no problem other then idiots running into it. I love it rides nice too

fz6rwolf

they are all nice off the lot but they fall apart soon thereafter. just my opinion
I had an 04 Optima until '09, never had one problem so 3 years ago bought a Soul+ and no mechanical issues at all, bit of a harsh ride with those damn low profile tires but comes equipped very nicely w/ bluetooth, sat radio etc (never use the stupid lights in speakers though). I'd buy another Kia when comes time, unless I win the lottery then will get a Jag LOL.

ajskillz13

The Optima is actually made here in the USA in Georgia. And the parts split is about sixty forty Korean versus u.s.

blkbrd

Elite Member

Chevyfazer

The Optima is actually made here in the USA in Georgia. And the parts split is about sixty forty Korean versus u.s.

I didn't know they made the optima here too, I live in ga, I knew they just built a huge plant down in south ga but I've always been told they built the sorento, or whatever that suv of theirs is called. That's cool that both are made here!