How much should I spend on frame sliders

findmadhav

Hi guys,

Am picking up my bike this weekend. How much should I spend the most on frame sliders and which ones do you suggest. If you could provide me links, that would be great. I am going to get them installed by a mechanic anyway.
Please let me know.

Thanks.

cavcuz05

Hello, congratz on the purchase. Please use the search option cause i think this topic has been covered to death, *Beating a dead horse

I recommend the GYTR ones from the factory...yes to have to cut the fairing but it makes the bike look a littel cleaner IMHO

EBAY is your friend

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

Spunky99

No cut frame sliders for sure but the price goes from 40 to 120 bucks.
IMHO the sliders are all made from the same crappy Delrin plastic. If you slide out, the expensive ones will do no more than the cheap ones as they will wear down just as fast unless they have an aluminum cap.

Go as cheap as you can....

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

find who your local matco or snapon guy is and buy a used bluepoint one or something from them.

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member
Last edited:

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member
I was at a dealer yesterday and they told me that unless you modify the body for the sliders, they won't really do you much good if you get "no-cut sliders".

I kinda had the feeling this may not be true?

Spunky99

I was at a dealer yesterday and they told me that unless you modify the body for the sliders, they won't really do you much good if you get "no-cut sliders".

I kinda had the feeling this may not be true?
I think he wants you to hand him your wallet with your pants, bend over and supply the KY jelly because he is getting ready to give you the big one.....
I think the guy spent time at Rikers Island and is partial to cute bike dudes.

I'd never do business with that dealer ever again....

jmlevy85

TREX frame sliders

TREX racing out of texas just released a second generation no-cut frame slider that is a three point mount. There are really solid and stable, and are made of derlin which is a good material. They only cost $70 bucks

Even though the sliders are further away from the main part of the faring, do they still provide adequate protection?

I think that's the dealers main point.

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

fz6r_zer0

I think he wants you to hand him your wallet with your pants, bend over and supply the KY jelly because he is getting ready to give you the big one.....
I think the guy spent time at Rikers Island and is partial to cute bike dudes.

I'd never do business with that dealer ever again....
First off, hilarious. :rof:

2nd, +1. Don't deal with that guy again. I like the guys at my local shop and they never steer my wrong and give me their honest opinion. Find a dealer that you can trust and run from that one.

And I have the shogun sliders, 15 minute install. DEFINITELY use a torque wrench because the engine vibrations loosen them up and will fall off.

cavcuz05

My .02 i like the cut ones from the factory...plus they were Free for me...but to each there own...install wasnt to hard