How late is too late to ride??

Some good advice I got was "nothing good happens after 12:00!"

Heineken

Elite Member
Last edited:

Funkmaxtor

I use my bike to commute on a daily basis. My ride home is always in the dark. I've learned this slow down, look at the sides of the road as much and the road itself to see any animals potentially crossing the road or people walking along the road. I also made my own ground effects kit (blue LEDs) that I have on while riding in the dark. I honestly believe that I am more visible at night than during the day because of that.

Oh and SLOW DOWN!

Roaddawg

Oh and SLOW DOWN!
+1

I too commute in the dark quite abit. I put some iron-on reflective tape on the back anf front of my jacket to be seen better at night. Also, be very careful if trying to split traffic at night...your headlight blends in and you can't see those huge @ss truck mirrors.

F

FZ6Rgurl

I am too scared to split traffic. I don't think people like it too much where I live. I had a boyfriend that pulled up next to some lady on his CBR600 and she proceeded to roll down her window and yell at him. I could hear her all the way in my car, but I had my window down. But as soon as the sun goes down in Bend, it gets cold fast, even during summer. I remember I went over to my sisters house and it was dark by the time I got outside and I might add it was a chilly ride home. Compared to the 90+ degree weather we had earlier that day. But I recently added some lights in my headlight and riding at night, it acts as a fog light, and they're ALOT brighter at night. People can definetly see me at night.:D

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I am too scared to split traffic. I don't think people like it too much where I live. I had a boyfriend that pulled up next to some lady on his CBR600 and she proceeded to roll down her window and yell at him. I could hear her all the way in my car, but I had my window down. But as soon as the sun goes down in Bend, it gets cold fast, even during summer. I remember I went over to my sisters house and it was dark by the time I got outside and I might add it was a chilly ride home. Compared to the 90+ degree weather we had earlier that day. But I recently added some lights in my headlight and riding at night, it acts as a fog light, and they're ALOT brighter at night. People can definetly see me at night.:D
Do you have some pics of the lights you added? I would be interested in seeing how it looks.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
F

FZ6Rgurl

That's where I got the idea. But instead of putting just one LED in the crystal, I put two. and instead of white in the headlight, I put blue. Which is illegal, so I've heard, but I haven't been bothered yet... *knock on wood*

xplodnstar

They look awesome! How visible is the pink light when you're riding? I find that noone ever sees it, but since I know it's there, I don't care.

F

FZ6Rgurl

This is what it looks like at night, in the dark. I'm zoomed in though on my camera. When I roll up on people at stop signs or stop lights, and their vehicle is new enough for the paint to reflect my lights, I can see all my lights. I stood off to the side of my bike tonight to see if the color went away, but they don't. Which is cool :D

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
That looks AWESOME with the blue in the upper corners!!! :rockon:

xplodnstar

This is what it looks like at night, in the dark. I'm zoomed in though on my camera. When I roll up on people at stop signs or stop lights, and their vehicle is new enough for the paint to reflect my lights, I can see all my lights. I stood off to the side of my bike tonight to see if the color went away, but they don't. Which is cool :D
Could you tell me where you got your LEDs? I think yours are brighter and I might want to swap them.

Thanks

F

FZ6Rgurl

I got them off of Oznium.com I got two pink LED lights. The already pre-wired ones. Then two of the 9 1/2 inch long blue LED strips.