Here's my FE

oyamyers

Very nice! makes me want one now, but I just added my seat cowl and windscreen so I gotta hold off a bit.

jersy19

i got my fe and turn signals for under 30 bucks, i got a fe for an r6 and just had to get some longer bolts. then i bout some turn signals and they fit in it good. as for a wiring diagram, the black is neg and that only leaves one other wire for pos. and the stock bolt were a pain, i used wd40 on the top an bottom of bolt then used my hex key with a cresent wrench to extend the handle then one good pull and a loud snap andit was loose

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
any chance you guys can give me some pointers on how to get aftermarket turn signals plugged in without cutting? Also I am having a hell of a time getting 3 of those bolts off the back end.

Anyone got a wiring diagram or some photos? a how too for idiots like me?
Are the aftermarket signals a direct replacement part? Meaning, do they use the factory wiring harness? If they use the factory wiring harness, it can be done. I installed my FE without cutting, just because I wanted it to remain clean with no extra connectors or electrical tape. It's a bit of a pain, but it can be done.

What you have to do is follow the wires back into the "trunk." On the right side of the tail sub-frame, you will see the wire loom and the connectors for the turn signals. They will be wrapped in a little bit of insulation, but it can just be pulled back out of the way momentarily. Disconnect the plugs, one is gray and one is black. Then once everything is loose and disconnected, the fender can be pulled off.

Now you said you were having trouble getting three bolts out. Are they seized and won't turn, or do they just keep turning without coming loose? I used two ratchets, one in the trunk and one under the tail to loosen the bolts.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions or don't quite understand what I'm talking about, let me know. If it would help, I could try to take pictures after work.

Last edited:

ramflyer1899

I'd be interested in one as well!! My bike is being shipped to Germany on Monday - I'll be there for 3 years with the military. So I'll be sportin' your FE over there!!

Midnightroadie04

Elite Member

Midnightroadie04

Elite Member

rskinz6r

cool keep me posted. I may buy a integrated taillight so i probably wont need the slot for the turn signals

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

rskinz6r

still looking at having one made for me if anybody is willing to. but im still looking into the comeptition wekrs and others havent made decision yet...