Here's my FE

uscgduncan

It's still in rough form. I need to trim it just a bit and of course powder coat it. My signals and tag bolt lights will be in this week...so hopefully I can have it finished this weekend along with a few extra one's.

View attachment 17113
yea it's a little blurry. I used the original bolts to attach it
View attachment 17114

View attachment 17115

Let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

cbzdel

Great! Looks like the one I just paid $100 for lol... You gonna have a plate light?

llervero

The bolt lights work verygood. I used them on my other bike.

uscgduncan

Looks good! What type of turn signals you using?
I ordered some short stalk ovals from New Enough Motorcycle Apparel sells motorcycle jackets, pants and suits, boots, gloves, helmets, etc :: New Enough, LTD with the clear lens. But the mounting tab is big enough that I could mount any style light on to it. With just a slight modification to the design, I could even use the factory signals.
I'm not sure what color I should powder coat it. I have about 15 colors I could use.

cbzdel

i would coat it either black or yellow to match the bike

GoGreen09

Looks great! Not to mention, very inexpensive.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Looks great!! :thumbup:

How much are your extras going for, if I may ask?

uscgduncan

Looks great!! :thumbup:

How much are your extras going for, if I may ask?
I'm not trying to make any money off anyone, I just need to cover my cost to make them. I have the means and ability to fab them up and i can't justify spending 100+ on them. Plus I look out for my fellow FZ6R...uhm...'ers. $25 plus shipping usually covers it. PM me.

cbzdel

I'm not trying to make any money off anyone, I just need to cover my cost to make them. I have the means and ability to fab them up and i can't justify spending 100+ on them. Plus I look out for my fellow FZ6R...uhm...'ers. $25 plus shipping usually covers it. PM me.
good deal!! alot better than the $120 I spend on the WERKS FE kit!

Roaddawg

Here's my FE i made using 1 1/2" aluminum flat bar. Cost $9. Used stock turn signals. Just need to install those license plate light bolts. I love the look so much better and the rear visibility is better than stock with the lights up a little higher. FYI, where the wires go up into the rear, there is a small little hatch (1/2" x 4") under the tool bag that can be removed to access the wires and pull them up into the rear seat area. Just pop the plastic plug button thingy and tilt up. I just found it by chance and it saved me from disassembling the whole under seat area.

tractorboy

Hey Road Dawg...How did you fasten your original tail lights there. I see a screw head?? How are you holding those on there dude!! looks easier than what I did...I cut the same shape out to mount them the same way as they were on the fender!!

Do Tell !!!!!

Roaddawg

Tractorboy, look inside the turn signal and you'll see a phillips head screw. Unscrew that and it will release the rubber part connected to the plastic part of the turn signal head. Then I just drilled a hole for the screw through my bracket and one for the wires and mounted it with the same screw. The plastic base of the turn signal is completely flush. What was nice is that the turn signals were pulled in closer to the plate. I was looking at cutting it out like you did. Then I just got curious and started taking the turn signal apart. Figured, worst case, I'd just by new signals. But it turned out just right. I'm happy with my setup. It almost looks stock and completely cleaned up that huge rear fender without sacrificing safety. I also bought some red reflective tape and cut out a little design to keep me legal. (You can see on either side of the taillight and the strip on the plate.)

tractorboy

Tractorboy, look inside the turn signal and you'll see a phillips head screw. Unscrew that and it will release the rubber part connected to the plastic part of the turn signal head. Then I just drilled a hole for the screw through my bracket and one for the wires and mounted it with the same screw. The plastic base of the turn signal is completely flush. What was nice is that the turn signals were pulled in closer to the plate. I was looking at cutting it out like you did. Then I just got curious and started taking the turn signal apart. Figured, worst case, I'd just by new signals. But it turned out just right. I'm happy with my setup. It almost looks stock and completely cleaned up that huge rear fender without sacrificing safety. I also bought some red reflective tape and cut out a little design to keep me legal. (You can see on either side of the taillight and the strip on the plate.)
NICE Road dawg..I didnt even take it apart!! I was thinking the same with reflective material or something....Hmmmm I didnt even notice the "STEMS" were missing. Looks Clean and alot less time to cut out that damn oval!!!!!!!!

Also Dont see it but do you have a License Plate light? I dont yet but dont ride at night. Got a White and SMALL LED strip coming to fix that issue.

I should start working on a better one now that I now that....Swwweeeeet

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Here's my FE i made using 1 1/2" aluminum flat bar. Cost $9. Used stock turn signals. Just need to install those license plate light bolts. I love the look so much better and the rear visibility is better than stock with the lights up a little higher. FYI, where the wires go up into the rear, there is a small little hatch (1/2" x 4") under the tool bag that can be removed to access the wires and pull them up into the rear seat area. Just pop the plastic plug button thingy and tilt up. I just found it by chance and it saved me from disassembling the whole under seat area.
:thumbup:

That looks really good! Any chance you'll make and send one to me?