Help With Mod Selections!!! pls

Domiano

Hey everyone Im new to the site my names Josh and a new rider, but besides that I wanna start add some mods to my Fz6r. I was hoping you guys know alot of the mods that are out there and look good. Im wanting to get a few things.

- Aggressive Looking Mirrors
-Delete Kit (with turn signals in the taillight)
-Flush Mount Turn Signals
-Matching Colored Clutch and Brake lol
-Cheap but effective pair of frame sliders

So if you guys know any good brands or whatever pls send them, I'd apprecaite it thnks.

mike

Not to sure about the mirrors i have zx6r mirrors on mine but i wouldn't really call them aggressive. The motodynamic sequential tail lights are pretty nice and you can change to modes on them. Proton flush mounts are the best ones in my opinion, you can change the modes on them as well. i like the strobe effect. Shogun makes no cut frame sliders for the fz and as far as levers i went with psr but not sure what colors they have i just went with the black.
http://www.motodynamic.com/yamaha/led-tail-lights/2009-2015-yamaha-fz6r-sequential-led-tail-lights-smoked.html
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H987b4lxNrE[/ame] (Proton flush mounts)

Brent27

I'd go for frame sliders first. Good for a little bit more protection. I have Shogun no cut sliders. T-Rex sliders are pretty cool.

lizardsbba

I have the T-rex sliders, refused to ride before having them. I knows there's been comments about getting a bracket that doesn't quite line up and some bolts that weren't quite right. However my kit was perfect, everything fit excellent and it looks great. Fortunately I haven't had a chance to test them out yet and I hope I don't.

Next on my list is a fender eliminator and some flush mount turns. Then probably some clip ons.

latony007

No contest, new seat!! Search "Dirt Road custom" thread. That is by far the best mod i have done, off your list id go with frame sliders then flush mount turn signal. I also have the t-rex tapered sliders and i had zero problems with them and they look about 10x better than the shogun which look like big roller skate wheels to me.

lark

The zx6r mirrors are a pretty standard swap, they fit and look well without sacrificing too much visibility.

I went to my local bike shop and ordered some clear fllush mounts, they were ~40 and probably my favorite mod so far.

I used a Targa band fender eliminator. Came with the smaller, amber colored turn signals. Easy to install.

I also got some spools for a rear stand. Makes working on the bike a lot easier. Cheers, and welcome! don't forget to post pics!

Domiano

I'd go for frame sliders first. Good for a little bit more protection. I have Shogun no cut sliders. T-Rex sliders are pretty cool.
Are those easy to install? its just one bolt right? i like the t-rex ones better for the look but i dont think they have them for the 2013 models i see them for 09-11

Domiano

I have the T-rex sliders, refused to ride before having them. I knows there's been comments about getting a bracket that doesn't quite line up and some bolts that weren't quite right. However my kit was perfect, everything fit excellent and it looks great. Fortunately I haven't had a chance to test them out yet and I hope I don't.

Next on my list is a fender eliminator and some flush mount turns. Then probably some clip ons.
Do they have those sliders for the 2013 model? i cant find them anywhere, do u have a link by chance? and could i get the model for like the 09 or 11 fz6r to fit perfect?

Domiano

The zx6r mirrors are a pretty standard swap, they fit and look well without sacrificing too much visibility.

I went to my local bike shop and ordered some clear fllush mounts, they were ~40 and probably my favorite mod so far.

I used a Targa band fender eliminator. Came with the smaller, amber colored turn signals. Easy to install.

I also got some spools for a rear stand. Makes working on the bike a lot easier. Cheers, and welcome! don't forget to post pics![/

are those zx6r mirrors easy to install? any drilling?

lark

I bought the mirrors off Ebay, no drilling. I think they were $30 with shipping. It took longer to get the stock mirrors off than it did to install the aftermarket ones!

Fraze

I was surprised at how much the ZX6R mirrors changed the look of the bike. I got my set off ebay for ~20 bucks shipped, installed them in about 30min and they really do make the bike look better IMO. I've had no visibility issues at all. Of the few modifications I've done...the mirrors would have to be the best/cheapest and the Racetech springs and Woodcrafts were the best/not cheapest ;)

Last edited:

FZSixxer

For those interested, I've spent about 2 hours researching (online) fender eliminators for my '09. My conclusion: Targa. TARGA FZ6R Fender Eliminator Tail Kit

Because: median priced, clean look, no add'l mods or equip required, and recommended by (at least one person on) this site.

Note that I did not find this product listed on either motorcyclesuperstore.com or revzilla.

Will be installing this product within the next 30 days, and will report back here on ease of installation, final look, ease of integration, etc.

Thanks!

wastelandracer

I used the Competition Werkes fender eliminator kit and absolutely love it. I highly recommend the kit. I also have the shogun no cut frame sliders.

GhostRider7

Gotta love mods

Motodynamic rear taillight with integrated turn signals and they also offer flush mount front signals which hook right up and blink properly. My search was for a 2013 but it fit from 2009-2016. Choose from clear or smoke. Smoke is awesome imo the clear looks cheap. They are bright too and work flawlessly.

Motodynamic.com - LED Tail Lights CBR 600RR 1000RR R1 R6 FZ1 FZ6 Monster 848 Ninja Daytona

Fender eliminator was about $25 on eBay. With this one you don't get the signals attached but they are in the taillight anyway. You can buy the one with turn signals if you like.

Yamaha FZ6R FZ 6R Fender Eliminator Tail Tidy Blk NTS 09 10 2011 2012 2013 2014 | eBay

Fraze

Motodynamic rear taillight with integrated turn signals and they also offer flush mount front signals which hook right up and blink properly. My search was for a 2013 but it fit from 2009-2016. Choose from clear or smoke. Smoke is awesome imo the clear looks cheap. They are bright too and work flawlessly.

Motodynamic.com - LED Tail Lights CBR 600RR 1000RR R1 R6 FZ1 FZ6 Monster 848 Ninja Daytona

Fender eliminator was about $25 on eBay. With this one you don't get the signals attached but they are in the taillight anyway. You can buy the one with turn signals if you like.

Yamaha FZ6R FZ 6R Fender Eliminator Tail Tidy Blk NTS 09 10 2011 2012 2013 2014 | eBay
+1 on the above fender eliminator. I bought the same one (but I got the 4TS with it) for 65 bucks shipped. Fit like a glove, good quality, and no issues at all.

2009 2010 2011 FZ6R FZ 6R Black Fender Eliminator 4T S | eBay