Helmet Visors

What Color Visor?

• Total voters
finally got a pic of my bucket, it's hard to tell but I've got a blue visor on there and it's great. I just keep some clear riding glasses with me if I plan on riding at night here locally or if I'm going to be far from home I'll swap back to my clear visor.

IMG_0036.jpg

yah, that's the one i picked up recently too! :)

i like the design- ie not over-the-top flashy/ tattooie, but still with some graphics.

it also has a cool cheek pump feature, where the check pads actually inflate with a small pump inside the mouth area. then it just deflates with the touch of a button.

really nice design overall...

+1 to Detrich and wgtrant87

Here's the Scorpion EXO-1000 I use. You can find them at various retailers for around $300. Very Comfy helmet. You can see the fighter-style flipdown sunshade in the photo.

41XojtQn2xL._SS500_.jpg

I got a dark/smoke that is polarized - really nice for the glare etc

I wear a mirrored visor in my HJC -should be swapping out the clear in the night time but have been forgetting to bring it :eek:.

Just bought a really nice (In looks and price) Zoan lid for my hubs for Xmas. it has a really cool drop down sun visor - he looks like a fighter pilot! LOL!

I think that's the next lid choice for me as well.

IG

Hjc el-cheapo helmet + revo's at day, perscription glasses at night. My eyes aren't so bad I can't see - just need them at night.

Last edited:
I have the shark rsx. Love it, its light, quiet, aerodynamic (no buffeting), thick 3 mm faceshield, highly rated at webbike world. More popular in Europe. If it fits buy it, no hesitation.

Anyone who has the chrome or smiliar problems with the tinted visors where the tint is coming off at certain areas and some lines etc inside the visor?

Anyone who has the chrome or smiliar problems with the tinted visors where the tint is coming off at certain areas and some lines etc inside the visor?

my friend's helmet visor was showing some small patches where the chrome was comming off i think that's due to scratches etc. i have HJC clear visor helmet i also wear polarized sunglass sometimes; looking for a chrome/mirror visor online, my local dealer is selling the gold chrome visor for $35.00 don't know if thats a good price

my friend's helmet visor was showing some small patches where the chrome was comming off i think that's due to scratches etc. i have HJC clear visor helmet i also wear polarized sunglass sometimes; looking for a chrome/mirror visor online, my local dealer is selling the gold chrome visor for $35.00 don't know if thats a good price

Weird thing is I think it's from inside the visor not outside... I think it might be my RainX affecting the tint? Don't really know.

Depends on what type of helmet you have. My cheap Seven O Seven helmet's visor was about 20 - 30 bucks. But the Shoei's are about 50 or 60.

Weird thing is I think it's from inside the visor not outside... I think it might be my RainX affecting the tint? Don't really know.

Depends on what type of helmet you have. My cheap Seven O Seven helmet's visor was about 20 - 30 bucks. But the Shoei's are about 50 or 60.

In Australia the average price for the cheaper helmets' visors (KBC etc.) are around $30-$40. Shoei,Arai etc are around $110!!!!
Prices are just rediculous here. My Shoei XR1100 (RF1100) helmet cost $899!!
Looks like everything here is about double US prices!:(

In Australia the average price for the cheaper helmets' visors (KBC etc.) are around $30-$40. Shoei,Arai etc are around $110!!!!
Prices are just rediculous here. My Shoei XR1100 (RF1100) helmet cost $899!!
Looks like everything here is about double US prices!:(

Sounds about right, Arai's are the most expensive but rate the same as a Shoei from what I heard, just a couple hundred dollars more.

Ouch, sounds pricey. I just picked up a new Shoei RF-1100 for $500 plus another $100 for the blue mirrored visor to go with it. REALLY happy with this helmet over my old HJC that cost me $180 bucks. The clarity in the visor is amazing, and the defogging vents actually work, not to mention how quiet this helmet is!

Attachments

• RF-1100 front.jpg
    RF-1100 front.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 31
  • RF-1100 side.jpg
    RF-1100 side.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 31
Ouch, sounds pricey. I just picked up a new Shoei RF-1100 for $500 plus another $100 for the blue mirrored visor to go with it. REALLY happy with this helmet over my old HJC that cost me $180 bucks. The clarity in the visor is amazing, and the defogging vents actually work, not to mention how quiet this helmet is!

How does the blue visor work? Does it actually show everything in blue? I've heard somewhere that blue visors are extremely dangerous and useless because something about the wavelengths of the green light or red light colors that says you can't tell the difference. Wouldn't matter if you open your helmet at stop lights but what about braking?

It's actually just a blue mirror coat that's on top of a smoke tinted polarized visor. I can see very well through it, no problems.

I have a Shoei RF-1000 and have been using a light-smoke shield for a year. Just ordered a dark-smoke shield though for a road-trip coming up with lots of day-time riding. I like the light-smoke b/c I can still see fine at night.

I'd love a hot-pink shield, but Shoei doesn't make one. :(

I have the clear Visor for my Shoei RF- 1100, looking to buy the dark smoke but cant seem to find it locally.
thought about buying it online, waiting a couple weeks though, might get it for my birthday

HJC IS-16 with the double visor seems to be the right helmet for me.

The choice of visor to use for the condition is never a problem.

Back