Held Warm N Dry Winter Gloves (Video Review)

• Thread starter Deleted member 9794
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 9794

My attempt at a video review (since I ended up in crappy weather with the camera):

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=494lAH2gLA8]Review: Held Warm N Dry Gloves - YouTube[/ame]

RoadTrip

I use Held Freezer gloves, yes they are bulky and don't have any race-type protection features, and I am concerned that they could even slip off during a crash. But, they are very well made nice gloves and keep the hands warm down to low 40's. Finger tips can get a bit nippy, but rest of hand is fine, and you can wear them up to around 65F without getting too hot. You get used to the bulk, and they break in over time, so controls are not as big a deal as first suspected. I usually adjust the right brake lever out one click to make more room when using them, though.

I don't ride in the rain, so I can't speak to their rainproof-ness (although they do contain gore-tex); but if I was serious about that aspect, I would probably be considering rain covers to go with them as you mentioned, and only break those out when needed. Maybe see if you can exchange the Warm and Dry's for something else since the waterproof seems to have failed. But, I do wonder if something was truly waterproof, that it would also make your hands sweat - perhaps do more research into those rain covers.

Chaphil3

Where'd you get the blue cargo net? I like :)

D

Deleted member 9794

Maybe see if you can exchange the Warm and Dry's for something else since the waterproof seems to have failed. But, I do wonder if something was truly waterproof, that it would also make your hands sweat - perhaps do more research into those rain covers.

Not sure if you misheard what I said but the Warm N Dry gloves do not leak. I held them in a bucket of water for 5 mins to test this; no leaks.

Also, my hands are never sweaty. The Gore Tex material allows moisture to flow out. Here's a demonstration (start at 6:23):
Gore-Tex And How It Works - YouTube

Where'd you get the blue cargo net? I like :)

I actually bought it from my local motorcycle dealer - the company that makes them is named "Emgo". Here they are on ebay - fyi this one is a little tight and hasn't loosened up yet since it's still cold, I had a black one that was looser but not sure of the brand:

Emgo Bungee Net Blue 78 60502 | eBay