Guys should I do it?

Merc250r

So I need your advice :spank:

I put up my bike for sale because I have bike add. I'm in love with motorcycles, any how I want to get the ninja1000 nice bike, so this guy emails me ad I put my bike up for 6k he says would I take a trade ktm super duke 690. Looked the b Ike up and it's not bad looking, but the thing that caught my eye was the price, there're going for 8k up used :p so I would be in a win win situation.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

So I need your advice :spank:

I put up my bike for sale because I have bike add. I'm in love with motorcycles, any how I want to get the ninja1000 nice bike, so this guy emails me ad I put my bike up for 6k he says would I take a trade ktm super duke 690. Looked the b Ike up and it's not bad looking, but the thing that caught my eye was the price, there're going for 8k up used :p so I would be in a win win situation.
you just dumped a shit ton into your bike to ditch the fz for a ninja 1k? Plz tell me you dont have squidrome?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

I know. I wish there was a stronger aftermarket base for our bikes.

second row from the bottom, third one from the left....black and gold=secksi time!

yfz6r

Super dukes are badass. Head up a mountain on one of those and you wont look at your 6r again. He is Gunna want some money with that trade I bet. Check out all the great reviews of the superduke.

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

CrazyCawi

RoaringToys FZ6R is the same way with the front tire. Didn't you know it's the latest fad? I have it on good authority that next year's hot thing will be those narrow bicycle tires like they use in Tour de France. :D

As for getting the bike, Merc250r, I'd say hold off. You just traded up from your Ninja 250 not long ago, dumped a bunch into your FZ6R, and are already looking at a larger bike. I'd enjoy the FZ6R for a bit. Get comfortable with it until you're putting squids on hayabusas to shame (which doesn't take a whole lot from what I've seen).
I second that. I know power is good, and going in a straight line faster than another is whats king in your area. The thing is, the fz6r is an amazing bike and you just stepped into it. Take from someone who traded from one car to the next trying to get faster and faster. Its not worth the ass kicking you take trading. Plus in the time you have had your fz6r have you honestly pushed it to its limits? Can I ask where you plan to drive over 100mph that you need the 1000cc bike? Because if getting to 100 faster is what you need, then change your sprockets. Our bike has all the guts and glory a SS does until you get top end. I honestly feel your jumping the gun WAY to fast bro. But to each their own, you could easily move beyond our bike if you got the $$ to do it. But do you have the skill to handle it. You need to be honest with yourself. Were not calling you a squid or anything like the 250 forum did, just looking out for a brother. If you were a close friend or family I would tell you the same. In fact the reason I am telling you is because I care about everyone here like were family.

Osoreru

Gotta say..I really don't like the headlights. Everything else looks pretty awesome though.

ajskillz13

fyi

the white bike is not a super duke it's a duke, the orange one behind it is a super duke...
Good point. The Super Duke is more the style of our bike and it only comes in a 990 cc variant. The 690 Duke is more of a super-moto style.

Deanohh

The 690 is a 650cc single, more than 100 lbs lighter. Depends on what your'e going to use it for. You'll be giving up a smooth street and highway bike that handles well for less comfort made for bombing around town, tricks, and 100mph or so top speed.

NO way they are getting $8k for a 2008 one of these. Tried getting parts for one lately?

Just me, but I would never buy a used bike with more than 5000 miles. There's just too many goofy things a guy can do to a bike when they've had it for a while. For example... frequent no clutch shifting, neglected maintenance, stripped bolts, improper repairs, etc.