Gun Talk Thread

BoneJj

id wait til they can produce them faster as they are selling for twice retail right now.

ive got an su-16 and its a great gun, just cost too much to piss away .223
Not quite double but yeah, the are still going for well over what retail should be. I've seen them as low as 1200 though but that's still more than I want to pay for one.

I'm still working on getting myself an ACR. I got to shoot a military issue one when I met up with a friend who is still active duty up in north florida. He had his and it was a beast of a gun and so damn easy to clean.

Right now the ACR is top of my list and then it's the shotty. Hopefully by the time I get around to buying the shotty it will be down the suggested 800 price tag or maybe a little less.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

BoneJj

Yea imo the ACR is better than the scar.I was drooling over one at gander mtn.I really dont care for the hollow plastic on the scar, the acr felt twice as solid.If I had $1600 I would of brought it home without thinking that day.Some Ar's cost more.

A acr to replace my ar, and a saiga 12 to replace my mossy are on the top of my list
I would love to get a mil spec one but you have to jump through so many hoops to get clearance for them it's just asinine. I think if I see one at the next gun show I'm probably jusy going to buy it.... lol. What a beautiful gun. Plus I love being able to swap ammo without much issue.... I'd rather just carry one gun and a kit and be able to swap rounds out as needed.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Finally received my upper assembly to get my first AR-15 98% built. Just need to get a gas block mounted front sight. I'm just going to run BUIS for the time being. Not only because I need to save money for my move next month, but also because what I want is out of stock. LOL

uploadfromtaptalk1360816133462.jpg

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member
Last edited:

BoneJj

I got these offset sights from Amazon and even though they are inexpensive, I compared them to my brother in law's expensive name brand ones and the only difference was the writing on them.

Amazon.com: GDT AR15 AR 15 Front and Rear 45 Degree Rapid Transition BUIS Backup Iron Sight: Sports & Outdoors

GDT AR15 AR 15 Front and Rear 45 Degree Rapid Transition BUIS Backup Iron Sight

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Thank you very much... I shall order a set for myself.

JonKerr

Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member
Last edited:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

BoneJj

Yep... let alone guns.. even the measly 22 round ammo is hard to find... it will blow over, just a matter of how long... been looking forv4 months now for plinking ammo... don't want to use up my "comfort" supply
I feel you there, I can't find 38 special +P rounds for nothing right now. I only have 5 boxes and I don't want to use them as that's my "comfort supply" as you put it... LOL.

I'm tempted to buy this AR looking 22 though, it's only 200 bucks but right now it's king of pointless as I wont be able to buy any ammo for it for a while...

They need to fix this damn ammo shortage crap soon as I haven't been able to go pop off rounds in a good 4-5 months because of it. The local ranges have been pretty much empty and one of them even closed it's doors for the time being until things clear up.

JonKerr

Elite Member

Grumpy

Give it a about 8 to 9 months before things starting getting back on the shelves on a regular biases.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

BoneJj

Yup, Wouldn't even look now. It's a seller's market right now.
Pretty much, it's just annoying for those of us that have owned guns and actually used them on a regular basis for many years and now all these people that don't have a damn clue as to what's going on out there and are just buying guns because they feel the opportunity might be taken from them are just annoying....

Panic buyers always screw everything up. I guess that just means when things return to normal I'll just have to start buying my rounds 1000 at a time and just keep them in a large ammo trunk in the cases and just take some out when I want to go to the range and just rotate my stock afterwards so that I can keep a good minimum on hand for the next time people want to be stupid panic buyers.

If you keep ammo stored properly it will last 10 years without issue. As long as you don't handle the rounds and just leave them be it's all good.

I also keep desiccant packs in my trunk to keep any moisture under control.

JonKerr

Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member