Gun Talk Thread

let us know how it shoots! Have looked at them before, nice pistols, but I like my weight in a heavy load like that

Yeah, how is the recoil? Usually weight is a little better shooting .357 or bigger... I have a SP101 Ruger .357 in 2 3/4" and its not bad at all, but it is of course all stainless.

Last edited:
It has a gel-backed Hogue grip on it to help ease the sting. n It is said to kick quite a bit, but should be manageable. The reviews say the balance is excellent.

Usually for a handgun like this, you run .38 through it for the vast majority of your target practice and carry .357 loads for the real deal.

The thing with a .357 is, it has so much stopping power and one shot stop potential, high recoil isn't as much of a concern. Place your first shot well, and you probably won't require a second.

So that is why I opted for this gun. I know the recoil will be a bear, but it's total ease of carry and lightweight make it worth it. Me personally, I'd rather comfort the 99.999999% of the time I'm not firing it over the comfort the tenth of second the gun is firing at a bad guy ;)

But yes, when I do get a chance to run some ammo through it, I'll let you know how it is.

While I agree that .38's are definitely easier on the wrists... For a self defense gun you should always practice with what you will be shooting. And never rely on one shot stop. So best to practice draw fire, fire, fire. Always keep firing until the threat has stopped. Practicing this way builds muscle memory and allows you to be comfortable/confident you can place another shot or more accurately. :thumbup:

BTW, with regards to recoil, not all .357 ammo is created equally. I'm carrying Golden Saber ammo, with is a medium load for .357. It suits smaller frame .357s remarkably well, but still performs excellent due to the jacket construction, giving it the penetration you'd normally see in hotter loads. So it helps with the kick, while still offering the desired performance. I'm a Golden Saber convert in general. I carry it in my .40 as well. I'd carry it in my 9mm Beretta but I still have a ton of Black Talons for it.

+1 I use Golden Saber as well. 125 Gr.

Picked up a used Walther P22 a couple of weeks ago, I've run about 500 round through it so far... what a great little gun!! Lots of fun and surprisingly accurate.

walther_p22.jpg

(internet pic, mine has a finger grooved mag and barrel attachment for a suppressor)

Pretty excited for the next couple months! :steve:

I just ordered a stripped lower receiver to start an AR15 build. I'll piece it together over the next couple months so the charges don't all show up on my account all at once. No red flags to the Boss/Wife. :cool:

Picked up a used Walther P22 a couple of weeks ago, I've run about 500 round through it so far... what a great little gun!! Lots of fun and surprisingly accurate.

walther_p22.jpg

(internet pic, mine has a finger grooved mag and barrel attachment for a suppressor)

They are awesome guns. My pops has a P99 9mm that is fun to shoot.

I picked up my CCW permit this afternoon, and carried right away...I think that I need to get a pistol that is a little smaller. A full size frame is hard to carry, concealed any way. I am thinking between these two:

Beretta PX4 Storm Compact 9mm

887_capture-010670_350p_300.jpg

SA XDm Compact 9mm

image.png

I CC the full-size XDm. It's definitely doable. I love it as well. Great pistol! If you get the XDm, get a Crossbreed Supertuck holster. They are amazing quality and make CC'ing the XDm a breeze.

Last edited:
I just inherited a authentic Colt 1911...Made in 1915...yeah it still works and its bad ass...Nazi Zombies watch out:zombie:

Last edited:

Back