Got pulled over...

CrazyCawi

You should turn your camera off when the cop walked up. I a lot of states you can not tape the police. You will get it a lot of troble for it.
I didnt tape the police officer. It was the encounter itself. Video was not turned on when the cop approached. In my state I have every right to film, its my constitutional right.

DakinechicK

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! That is seriously the coolest cop ever. Cops around here would yell at you over the loud speaker, tell you that you are a reckless asshat.. "even if you weren't" and probably find a way to draw a gun on you. Bravo man, and nice luck!
I agree! He was really nice! I found myself happy near the end that he wasn't cruel or talking down to you. Sounded like an extremely pleasant man. :)

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

In Maryland they will arrest you for it. Makes no sense to me. Public place, public officer performing a function of public safety. but hey its maryland
Supreme court would be my next stop.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

he could have popped me for having my ipod playing too

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

Story_AR

The first day I owned the FZ6R I got pulled over. I went North of Seattle to ride some country roads, left at 6am, was on my way back on I-5-South at 9, still getting used to the bike and enjoying the hell out of the usable power. I was weaving through traffic going 75-85mph on average - in 60mph zone.

As I was getting into heavier traffic I calmed down and went around 60-65 when I noticed a cop getting behind me, and then turning on the lights. Pulled over to the shoulder, the policeman came up, asked for my license, asked about registration. He said he registered me going 78mph when passing an SUV in a 60mph zone. He asked if the bike was registered in my name. I told him I just bought the bike yesterday and (it was Sunday, when I got pulled over) so I didn't have time to register the bike in my name yet.

He walked away, got into his car, I waited for like 2-3 minutes. Then he returns and says "Well I see you don't have any tickets on your record and you do have an endorsement, so I am going to give you a warning for now. With a bike like this it is very easy to go fast, but you have to watch your speed and know how to control it. I don't want your riding to be a hazard for other drivers or yourself."

Super nice guy. I thanked him, and then he took off and pulled over someone else right away.

I learned my lesson and so far (it's been like, 6 weeks) have been riding 5 above the posted limit at most - on the popular highways/city streets.

When I want to have fun I go to country roads North of Seattle very early in the morning and go fast when the roads are empty.

Last edited:

KeysRider3

Honesty pays dividends, and being a man about being in the wrong is always the best path to walk. Thanks for your post!