Got estimate on damage

fz6rwolf

So Geico estimated damage at $1450 and I have $1000 deductible so just going to fix what I have to and ride a scraped up bike. I need triple tree since the ignition cylinder bracket broken, new ignition cylinder and new right front signal. The bent reaer brake lever is usable and the scrapes to mirror, end of handle bar, messed up fairing doesn't impede the bikes functionality so will fix that stuff in time. Sucks I didn't damage it and will be riding a bike that is all messed up looking.

roundhouse

that sucks. i am going to call my agent and check what my deductible is. when i got the FZ6R i just had my policy changed over from my R6 and i cant remember what it is.........

raven6

Never understood why people have such high deductibles... Keep it low, when mayhem strikes pay as little as needed and let the insurance pay the rest... That's what you pay them for...

bakkenlab

Never understood why people have such high deductibles... Keep it low, when mayhem strikes pay as little as needed and let the insurance pay the rest... That's what you pay them for...
^^^so true. I hit a deer and cracked my front cowling. i thought it would be 400 to repair, they estimated at 1600. I have a 250 deductible and they paid the rest

sucks what happened to your bike though, at least its still ride-able and not just sitting in the garage

CrazyCawi

alot of people go high deductible for a cheaper premium payment. I just got a quote from state farm they hit me at 168 a month for the fz6r....Im under my parents policy because Im still "in school" (doing online college) and I only have to pay $28 a month for the same coverage. Its pathetic, because I have a $500 deductible on the bike current, and the recent quote was with a 1k deductible.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Michael Wilson

for now jsut take off your farrings and make it a streetfighter haha

fz6rwolf

for now jsut take off your farrings and make it a streetfighter haha
took everything off to see how would look. Sides not bad but front hideous and nothing to attach windscreen to. If a way to take off sides and still have something for front to look decent would do it.

fz6rwolf

:eek:
Ouch. I guess being an OLD GEEZER of 34 has its benefits!! LOL.
$50 Comprehensive, $250 Collision, 250k/500K liability and only $27/month with State Farm. Although lets see what it goes to after they finish processing my recent claim! :(

Riding a bike with a scraped cowling stinks, but its not that bad. With it not cracked why not save the $ for the time being? Get the new one when you can. I plan on getting one when I can, then put it on once I have allot of experience under my belt and then try to figure out how to strip and repaint the one I have again.

I'm old geezer of 49 with 33 yrs riding (off and on), no accidents, no tickets and with $1000 deductible still $90 a month. Rhode Island SUCKS

dndfindley

I'm old geezer of 49 with 33 yrs riding (off and on), no accidents, no tickets and with $1000 deductible still $90 a month. Rhode Island SUCKS
Age 59, riding for a year, $500 deductible, no accidents and, drum roll please, $250 a YEAR. Tennessee doesn't suck. David

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

XTRAWLD

Your ins costs don't hold a candle to us Canadians and our insurance. However, coverage is not apples to apples comparable. You folks pay in the hundreds, some (actually most) up here pay in the thousands. Count all your lucky stars.