FZ6R with Yoshi TRC exhaust: Video

abyss1406

I WANT! man did you cut the stock headers or did you use the R6S headers?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

BF12fz6r

Look and sound very good, good job!

Two things...

Make sure the can doesn't touch the ground when you lean... peg first.

What map are you using... if any? If you can't afford a PCV for now use a DBKiller. Not because your bike doesn't blow up that it run right.

In discussion with EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection Controllers - ATVs, UTVs, Motorcycles, Snowmobiles, Scooters, Sport Bikes, Watercraft to load my map int there fuel controller. Should be just as good and a bit cheaper compare to PCV option.
I've tilted the bike over with a buddy checking the exhaust clearance and it clears, Thanks for looking out Marthy.

Right now I'm using a Two Brothers Pvc but I want to switch to the Power Commander 5. I am holding off because I'm looking into getting the new Power commander with Ignition control but unfortunately it's not made for our bike so I need to see if a shop can incorporate it in somehow.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

BF12fz6r

I'll let you read between the lines... $0.00000 mod. File the thing 0.020" to turn the wheel CW (advance). It's a 20 minutes job on the FZ6R... but don't do it without the proper tuning.

Holeshot Performance Products, Inc.
Thanks for the info, I might have to go this route and as always I never make any kind of adjustment unless my bike is on the dyno.

One of the main reasons I also would want to get the Ignition control from DynoJet, it comes with a launch control which I feel would be very beneficial at the track and strip. I do understand this bike has it's limits and most people say well just go with an R6 but honestly there so different and I enjoy every aspect so much more on how more versatile this bike is for commuting or tracking. Any thoughts or ideas of a launch control set up?

Y

yellowfz

In the next week I'm going to hook a mic up to my Gopro and try to get a better video but I figured I'd let you guys finally hear it.

https://vimeo.com/65204749
Nice job, looks good, as long as you keep exhaust in the general area of the stock one you shouldn't have any problems with it dragging in corners. :confused:
I posted about ECU flashing and have contacted the guys to see if they can do our rides.
ECU flashing the way to go. :D

BF12fz6r

Nice job, looks good, as long as you keep exhaust in the general area of the stock one you shouldn't have any problems with it dragging in corners. :confused:
I posted about ECU flashing and have contacted the guys to see if they can do our rides.
ECU flashing the way to go. :D
Please keep me updated on what you find out with the flashing, Thanks!

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member
Just curious. Is the bike not warmed up in the video, or are you still tuning the ECU maps? It sounds like you've got quite a "stutter" when accelerating.

BF12fz6r

Just curious. Is the bike not warmed up in the video, or are you still tuning the ECU maps? It sounds like you've got quite a "stutter" when accelerating.
I'm running a Base map right now from Dyno Jet as I didn't save my original tune also the bike was about 145 so I'm sure that didn't help. When I had it on the dyno we found that it ran extremely rich with most base maps at this altitude. I'll be getting my bike back in the shop as soon as a do a few more things.

BF12fz6r

some updated pictures for now, Waiting for the weather to get a little nicer for some photos in the sun. Custom dark red with pearlizer, I redid the last coat after these pictures with the pearlizer mixed in the paint since I couldn't get it to spray even out of the can. You also can see the rear seat that I shaved down a little bit and re wrapped.