FZ6R Riders Show us your baby!!

TokenSSDD

TokenSSDD

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

toofless

:sinister:

Yeah, Toof. All you need to do is paint the front forks to match. I love what you did to the wind screen area. Have you posted a how-to on what you did? Or at least some close up shots of that?
yeah i'd like to paint the forks and handlebars black... someday

as for the windscreen, i just took it off.

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member
Last edited:

Botty12

So paid for it Thursday! Haven't touched a thing on it regarding mods yet, but I'm getting ideas muahaha.

On another note...all my dreams have been about driving around my city/familiar places and actually feeling like I'm riding, and what I would do if certain situations happened...it's literally a visualization, the same that athletes do before games except it's for my ride. I give my subconscious a high five every time I wake up and remember such dreams, just because I'm not doing it on purpose lol. Yeah...I'm a Psychology Major nerd at heart <3

PS: It's a joy to ride...the more I ride the more I want to ride :D

Attachments

BKP

Well... Finally made the trade this morning... and joined the ranks, officially.
It's a new copper/black 2011 (looked all over for this color scheme). Had .1 miles on it when they handed me the keys...

On the 30+ mile trip back from the dealer, I really enjoyed how smooth it throttled on, starting in 1st... The shifting could be a just a bit more even, however, I think that'll come with break in.
It's quiet for a 600, but, *does* have its own distinctive sound (which I believe *can* be heard), and I don't think I'll be modding that.

I'm a believer in hard break-in, so I ran it up and down the RPM range, however, well short of red-lining, and without going WOT. I'm letting it cool, and I'll do it again in an hour or so... However, the "avoid prolonged operation over 5800 rpm, for 600 miles, and then 7000 rpm to 1000 miles," isn't going to be my 'path.' I've had very positive response to a hard break in before. I imagine there's a debate thread somewhere on here about that...

Anyway, here's the new stud... ummmm, steed...

Detrich

Congrats! :)

Chucker

I'm a believer in hard break-in, so I ran it up and down the RPM range, however, well short of red-lining, and without going WOT. I'm letting it cool, and I'll do it again in an hour or so... However, the "avoid prolonged operation over 5800 rpm, for 600 miles, and then 7000 rpm to 1000 miles," isn't going to be my 'path.' I've had very positive response to a hard break in before. I imagine there's a debate thread somewhere on here about that...
I'm with you on this. I don't over-rev when I break in, but I like to give it lots of throttle to create enough pressure on the rings to seat them properly.

Congrats

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member
Last edited by a moderator:

fz6guy

here is my bike guys, had it about a month. love how smooth it is. got the tinted shield, HID, eliminator clear led tail and signals, flush mounted front signals. and a couple of other small things going on. Bought it with 12400 km, now its at 14100km and running great.

Attachments

Z3roFlaw

Well... Finally made the trade this morning... and joined the ranks, officially.
It's a new copper/black 2011 (looked all over for this color scheme). Had .1 miles on it when they handed me the keys...

On the 30+ mile trip back from the dealer, I really enjoyed how smooth it throttled on, starting in 1st... The shifting could be a just a bit more even, however, I think that'll come with break in.
It's quiet for a 600, but, *does* have its own distinctive sound (which I believe *can* be heard), and I don't think I'll be modding that.

Anyway, here's the new stud... ummmm, steed...

Just got the same bike yesterday! It was a hard color to find, but I'm glad I waited for it.

BKP

Just got the same bike yesterday! It was a hard color to find, but I'm glad I waited for it.
Congratulations... hope you're enjoying yours as much as I am mine...

(I spend any more time on it, they'll be sending out search parties -- I'll be ready for the 1st service by next weekend, at this rate...)

And, yeah... the Copper/Raven was absolutely worth waiting for... Even my ex likes it!

Z3roFlaw

My bike. :thumbup: