FZ6R Riders Show us your baby!!

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
:D Thank you....hopefully a future BOTM...

No to the mirror caps... I bought a PowerStands Racing Bar End mirror, and discovered that it was a touch big and wouldn't mount in the bar for the FZ6R. I ended up making a spacer and using the stock bar end on the bike. That gave me enough clearance to mount that mirror on the stock bar end.

...and yes I put flush-mounts over the holes, and where the original mirrors mounted...
Great idea! Does the angle at which they point decrease their forward visibility any?

travstoll

Great idea! Does the angle at which they point decrease their forward visibility any?
I am confused by what you mean...forward visibility?...the visibility is good, not great, but good. i can see the lane to the left, and directly behind the bike...

I don't use my mirrors a whole lot...except when braking. I am always constantly looking around when I am on the bike, so mirrors aren't really a big deal to me...

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I am confused by what you mean...forward visibility?...the visibility is good, not great, but good. i can see the lane to the left, and directly behind the bike...

I don't use my mirrors a whole lot...except when braking. I am always constantly looking around when I am on the bike, so mirrors aren't really a big deal to me...
Sorry, I was talking about the flushmounts that you used to cover the mirror holes. I was wondering if you had them wired up to blink when signaling and if you could see them from the front of the bike. It looks like that they point toward the ground and I was curious if on-coming vehicles would see them when you were signaling a turn.

travstoll

Sorry, I was talking about the flushmounts that you used to cover the mirror holes. I was wondering if you had them wired up to blink when signaling and if you could see them from the front of the bike. It looks like that they point toward the ground and I was curious if on-coming vehicles would see them when you were signaling a turn.

Yes!...The angle at which they are mounted worked out really well because they seem brighter to me at that angle than look straight at them...Used the same signals for the rear as well, partially for that reason, and because it looks uniform throughout the bike... They flash orange, and have 4 leds per signal...

in very bright sunlight the visibility, as with almost all flush-mounts is kinda sketchy....in normal light, they really pop though...also the mirror block-off flushmounts are useless when using high beams on the headlight....the light blocks out everything.

Last edited:

Heineken

Elite Member

travstoll

Looks good, you got my vote for BOTM. :)

Btw, did you had you tank repainted? How much did it cost you?
Yes the tank was partially repainted.....down to that black plastic piece that covers the bottom part of the tank.

To remove the upper fairing decals, tank decals, touch up paint, and re-clearcoat both the fairings and the tank...It was $500

wallerjt217

My Bike, but I took the stickers off completely looks nice kind of like the yellow CBR!! Ill post when I take some more pics.

Attachments

flyingminno

Heres mine just after i got it.

did fender eliminator

just need some flush front signals and the double bubble from yamaha
Nice! Oh though I think the swing-arm stickers have to go, if they haven't been ripped off already! I have that same tank bag, and I usually have to show everyone who doesn't ride how the thing holds onto the tank.

YamahaChick

This is Sunshine...she joined the family this past Wednesday :D

Newmason

Love those handlebar mirrors! What did you use to cover up the factory mirror holes with? I will post of some pictures of my love when the sliders and double bubble from yamaha show up! :thumbup:

nlpyle

right now I got black tape covering. Stylish i know :rolleyes: but a gal on here BikerMommy had a cool thing. She also did bar end mirros which I really like hers a lot better. But to replace the stock mirrors she bought some block off signals that covered up the holes as well as making turn signals out of them. so if you wanted you could remove the bulky ones up front. I really liked her idea and am looking into that idea right now to replace my awesome tape look.

bikerMommy

right now I got black tape covering. Stylish i know :rolleyes: but a gal on here BikerMommy had a cool thing. She also did bar end mirros which I really like hers a lot better. But to replace the stock mirrors she bought some block off signals that covered up the holes as well as making turn signals out of them. so if you wanted you could remove the bulky ones up front. I really liked her idea and am looking into that idea right now to replace my awesome tape look.
See.. So pretty.. ;)

I have several new parts in the mail and will post new pics as soon as I install them!

Attachments

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

arkkornkid

Figured I show my before and after :D

traded in my 2007 YZF600R

for my new 2009 FZ6R

notice the TYB trend..... and I think I've decided to get rid of the rest of side decals.