FZ6R rear grab rails

person4l

Does anyone know if there are plugs or plates that cover the places that the grab rails are in? I took the rail off but now there are holes there. Also, do anyone know if the grab rails from the earlier model FZ6R fit the later models?

speed19

you get it figured out? the holes are for the bolts to hold the rail and fairings. there is also a washer that drops on top of fairing

person4l

No, I haven’t been able to find anything to fill those gaps. I also haven’t found any answers about the older model rail

Jerzee55

Any year 'grab rail' from an FZ6R should fit an FZR, as they don't appear to have changed. You can look up the part numbers and check that they are the same as your year bike, on almost any OEM part supplier page. They have very good parts diagrams for Yamaha bikes. ;)

person4l

Thanks for the heads up... I didn’t even think to check OEM suppliers. I was more concerned with if the earlier model would fit a later model as it wraps around the back seat rather than stopping at the end. I wasn’t sure if the rear seat changed size at all or anything like that