FZ6R On Dyno Video

RockinRaven

I put the FZ6R on the dyno just for the heck of it. I was at the 2013 Hot Bike Power tour in Racine Wisconsin. They had a dyno there and I couldn't resist.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brom5WB1kGs]FZ6R Dyno Run - YouTube[/ame]

abyss1406

67hp nice :D

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

RockinRaven

Yea I thought the numbers were low too. It has the TBR Exhaust and the Juice box, not the PCV

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Lilday

My FZ6R only has 33bhp thanks to the UK licensing laws.

It is restricted at the throttle, so I can only twist it about 1/3 of the way around.

latony007

My FZ6R only has 33bhp thanks to the UK licensing laws.

It is restricted at the throttle, so I can only twist it about 1/3 of the way around.
WTF? seriously? so what does it top out at? think the US model will do about 130 which is about 210 kph

Lilday

WTF? seriously? so what does it top out at? think the US model will do about 130 which is about 210 kph
My bike tops out at 103mph, but that takes a very long time and can only be reached on a highway.

Riding on the twisties and it sits comfortable around 70mph/75mph and can hit 80/90 at points.

It isn't so much the top speed, it is the acceleration that suffers.

I'll upload a video sometime to show you guys how it rides when restricted. It still goes well, but you really have to squeeze every rev from it and give it time to build up haha

abyss1406

My bike tops out at 103mph, but that takes a very long time and can only be reached on a highway.

Riding on the twisties and it sits comfortable around 70mph/75mph and can hit 80/90 at points.

It isn't so much the top speed, it is the acceleration that suffers.

I'll upload a video sometime to show you guys how it rides when restricted. It still goes well, but you really have to squeeze every rev from it and give it time to build up haha
cant you derestrict it?

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Lilday

cant you derestrict it?
I can de-restrict it easily yes. Just a case of removing the left hand side fairings and then two screws.

However, if I do this I risk getting caught.

There is only a tiny chance I'd ever get caught. But if I did, I'd lose my license and the bike. That isn't a risk I'm going to take.

The restriction ends December 2014. A long wait, but there isn't anything I can do haha.

JonKerr

Elite Member

latony007

That just blows!!!! but can you de restrict it like they do in Australia?
Im with him, that does blow. I can get up to 100 in about 5 seconds lol. They can confiscate your bike if you de-restrict it? that is crapola. here they would give you what we call a "fix it" ticket for something like that I would think. So does that mean there are no FZ1 or ninja 1000 there because they wouldn't go any faster than a 600?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

VRIIClubby

oh how I hate my restrictor! You really only have about 1/3rd throttle available, you can still reach max speed it just takes a LOOOOONNG time to get it there.

I found it more dangerous when going on longer rides, out here wheree I live we have "Road Trains" (thats a Semi Trailer towing 3 dogs (trailers) not 1...) So they are anywhere up to 50+ metres long! (57 yards)

try overtaking that with a throttle restrictor!

Last edited:

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member