FZ6R logo items

latony007

Has anyone noticed there are very few things that show the FZ6R logo? You can get a little model bike for an R1 or others but no FZ6R. You can get several items with an R6 logo but the only ones I can find for FZ6R are the grips. This guy on ebay did not have any FZ6R items listed but said he could create them for me. Just thought some others might be interested. I will post more pics when I get them on the bike.

Attachments

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

latony007

i forgot to put the guys listing. I went ahead and got the tank pad and the reflective wheel tape. Was only $22 for both so i figured no big loss if they suck but the wheel tape looks really good in the pictures. Anyway you wont see any FZ6R stuff in his listings (at least currently) but if you email him he will send you picts.

Custom Printed Clear Tank Pad with Yamaha and Tuning Forks Logo Reuseable A3 | eBay

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

latony007

ok, glad I could bite the bullet for everyone on these lol. NOT Recommending. The Tank pad is not a tank pad at all but a clear sticker. one in which the Yamaha logo is all light and the fz6r is all dark, like what is pictured but I thought that was just because he was throwing an image together for me.

The rim tape actually looks really cool and if you could get it to apply would be worth the $10. I am horrible at this kind of stuff though and when I went to pull up on the tape to make small adjustments the tape just started to rip, once its on the rim you cant reposition or remove it without the tape ripping, maybe that normal I don't know but basically now im going to put them on my garage wall.

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

latony007

Yamaha had a few FZ6R things with logos in the accessories section of their web site - I saw grips, a tank pad (a real one), a wind screen and the comfort seat.
I have the windscreen, i hear the comfort seat sucks so i wound up having my seats custom redone by eddie and had him stick on the yamaha logo, the fz6r they would have had to digitize and charge an extra $75 for. I looked at the grips but heard they are not so great either and fade quick. I will have to check out the tank pad i did not see that, thanks for the tip.

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

travisH3

Wheel stripes are easiest done by using soapy water so you can move them around and position them, then once you got it where you want it, use your finger as a squeegee and wipe the water out from under the sticker like you would if you were installing window tint. Then let it sit in the sun or use a heat gun a little to help cure it so it sticks good.

latony007

Google search for "FZ6R tankpad" - the first hit is the tankpad on ebay.
that's funny I have tried that numerous times and never saw it, I do see one now but no white ones. Plus I really like the sparkly white paint so I think I may go with clear and get this one, at least has the tuning forks :)

Wheel stripes are easiest done by using soapy water so you can move them around and position them, then once you got it where you want it, use your finger as a squeegee and wipe the water out from under the sticker like you would if you were installing window tint. Then let it sit in the sun or use a heat gun a little to help cure it so it sticks good.
now you tell me ! :)
These seemed very sticker like though. Ill have to try it with some remaining pieces just so I know.

travisH3

that's funny I have tried that numerous times and never saw it, I do see one now but no white ones. Plus I really like the sparkly white paint so I think I may go with clear and get this one, at least has the tuning forks :)

now you tell me ! :)
These seemed very sticker like though. Ill have to try it with some remaining pieces just so I know.
Sorry lol. Also spray some soapy water on the outside so your finger slides like a squeegee. I've learned this from many screw up and almost all stickers I put on i install this way.