FZ6R Cruise Control / Throttle Control available choices

Cruise Control / Throttle Control - What are you using or thinking about?

• Crampbuster

Votes: 32 42.7%
  • Throttle Rocker

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • Throttle Meister

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • Bike it!

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Kaoko

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Other. If chosen please share with us...

Votes: 8 10.7%

• Total voters

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Sascha

Omni cruise-I love it

I just got this thing 3 weeks ago and thought I would post a review of it.
Well i love it. Its not cheap ~50$ or so but it seems like something that I will use for the life of my riding career. It is similar to the vista cruise but is make out of good quality aluminum and stainless steal for the screw and tightening mechanism.

To use it you rotate it you set your throttle to a little faster than you want to cruise(to take into account for the rubber it self twisting a little) then push it down so the plastic(as not to scratch the brake lever) rest on the brake. Then you all set. You may have to tighten the screw a little to keep it from slowly loosing throttle but that is easy to do with one hand with gloves on.

I use it when I have to ride up to visit my girlfriend an hour and a half up the 15/215. It works well obviously you have to adjust it for uphill/ downhill as itll go from 73-97 going from a steep uphill to a steep down.

I am very happy with my purchase as it makes distance driving way easier on my problem right shoulder and it holds the throttle exactly where I want it without risk. To release it you simply close the throttle all the way manually or pull on the brake, both will twist it up and out of the way.

Worth the money for long distance riders and easy to engage/disengage and install/uninstall if you need the extra 1/4 inch of grip for riding the twisties.

I can post pictures if anyone wants them.

xinu

Go Cruise

I just got a Go Cruise throttle control.
The price was right.
All I need it for is to keep the bike at speed while I slap my leg to get the feeling back in the hand.

BoneJj

I just got a Go Cruise throttle control.
The price was right.
All I need it for is to keep the bike at speed while I slap my leg to get the feeling back in the hand.
Don't slap your leg while in public... you'll get a public indecency charge.

Pole says 5 people have the Throttle Meister... please input operation, thoughts and opinions on use plus cost..
I have the throttle meister for longer distance trips. I still prefer to have control of the throttle but doing 2+ hours with the same wrist position gets tiring. You do have to take your hand off the throttle and twist the bar end to engage it and then pull the throttle and adjust accordingly to maintain speed. I like how engagement is butter smooth and making tiny adjustments are possible. Also, in the case of an emergency, just twist the throttle towards closed as you grab for the brake and you are good. :) I do take fairly long trips to the mountains in my area and definitely worth it in my opinion. :)