Fuel tank removal

Boost

I wish to take my tank of for a new air filter and proper clean on everything else under there. However, I wish to know how, there are two breather lines that lead straight out the bottom of the bike. Should anything leak out if I unplug them considering there just for air and over filled fuel (I think?). Is there an alternative to disconnecting the fuel line straight from the bottom of the fuel tank (fuel pump). Or can I get it from the fuel rail. Any helps regards this would help.
Thanks

Jerzee55

You may be able to simple remove the front bolts on the tank, loosen the rear bolt and use the rear mount as a 'hinge'. Prop up the front of the tank with a board, or pull up with an elastic cord. You should be able to access your air filter.. (Make sure your tank is mostly empty, if you do this or remove it altogether). If you remove the hose clamps from the breathers, and wiring and fuel line from the tank, you can remove it without leaking too). Probably some You Tube videos that 'show' tank removal... :) Mark your two lines so you remember which goes where...

Boost

You may be able to simple remove the front bolts on the tank, loosen the rear bolt and use the rear mount as a 'hinge'. Prop up the front of the tank with a board, or pull up with an elastic cord. You should be able to access your air filter.. (Make sure your tank is mostly empty, if you do this or remove it altogether). If you remove the hose clamps from the breathers, and wiring and fuel line from the tank, you can remove it without leaking too). Probably some You Tube videos that 'show' tank removal... :) Mark your two lines so you remember which goes where...
Thanks for the help, I understand how to physically take the tank of however im just trying to grab an idea of what lines under the tank actually contain fuel… I believe it is just the one that leads of the the fuel rail? Do any other lines act as a fuel line or so?

Jerzee55

Thanks for the help, I understand how to physically take the tank of however im just trying to grab an idea of what lines under the tank actually contain fuel… I believe it is just the one that leads of the the fuel rail? Do any other lines act as a fuel line or so?
Just the fuel rail, unless the air vent or overflow accidentally get fuel in them, they are the other two lines... have a rag handy when / if you disconnect them, as sloshing around during removal often splashes gas into those lines. :)