Frame Sliders

jacobg98

So I sold my 2012 FZ6R to help pay for school... but then a deal I couldn't refuse on a 2009 popped up (that I could afford while in school), so I'm fixing it up. I have several parts on the way already, but I'd also like to replace the beat up frame sliders. The links I've found on here no longer work, so I could use some help.

My bike has the kind that holes were cut in the fairings for, so I'm just looking for the same kind. Any suggestions? Is there more that goes into the fitment than bolt size, diameter, and length?

Thanks

Jerzee55

So I sold my 2012 FZ6R to help pay for school... but then a deal I couldn't refuse on a 2009 popped up (that I could afford while in school), so I'm fixing it up. I have several parts on the way already, but I'd also like to replace the beat up frame sliders. The links I've found on here no longer work, so I could use some help.

My bike has the kind that holes were cut in the fairings for, so I'm just looking for the same kind. Any suggestions? Is there more that goes into the fitment than bolt size, diameter, and length?

Thanks
You may be able to contact the vendor and simply replace the 'puck' or pucks that are damaged, rather then replace the entire slider. There are many 'no-cut' sliders available, and Shogun (at one point) made both through the fairing, and no-cut versions. Good luck!

This is a link to Ebay for a Possible 'through frame' replacement option

Last edited:

jacobg98

The bike already had them when I bought it, so I don’t know what brand they are or anything. I found out that they are different lengths, which is interesting. The longer one was on the left side. But both metal parts are bent, so I’m going to try to hunt down something similar to replace them. IMG_5389.jpeg

cnctoolcat

Those look like the factory Yamaha frame sliders.

I found a new set on Ebay a while back for my FZ6R, although I did shorten the longer one. Not sure why Yamaha designed theirs that way?

With these you have to cut a hole in each fairing, I used a Harbor Freight step drill and it worked perfect. I shortened the left slider aluminum post so the plastic piece just touched the fairing---same as the right side. The left slider will require a new bolt if you shorten it to match the right.

ToolCat

Jerzee55

The 'through fairing' sliders were two different lengths, as standard. I assumed it was to provide equal protection on each side, based on what was on each side of the bike... ;) The no-cuts are the same length, but the mounting brackets are different for each side.

jacksondavid8

Look for frame sliders that are specifically designed for fairings with pre-cut holes. Brands like Shogun, T-Rex Racing, and Puig might have what you need. Ride safe!