for sale 2014 Raven 80miles on it

kevenxx93

So i just bought this bike and am not allowed to ride it living in my parents house. im 20 and made a mistake of buying it after being told not to, i figured they would just give in once I brought it home.

So for the bike
Brand new 2014 FZ6R Raven Color with brand new helmet to match the bike
9,000 obo or take over payents.
The price is negotiable I need to sell it.
Located in Miami Florida.
If interested 305-803-2627

yillbs

So i just bought this bike and am not allowed to ride it living in my parents house. im 20 and made a mistake of buying it after being told not to, i figured they would just give in once I brought it home.

So for the bike
Brand new 2014 FZ6R Raven Color with brand new helmet to match the bike
9,000 obo or take over payents.
The price is negotiable I need to sell it.
Located in Miami Florida.
If interested 305-803-2627

You might want to lower the price? Isn't that a bit high? One off the showroom floor is considerably less than that. Good luck either way!!

Zgovitz

Parents are afraid eh? Yea, my mom hates that I ride but she has gotten used to it. Have you mentioned to them that you are an adult??? lol

Fizzer6R

Parents are afraid eh? Yea, my mom hates that I ride but she has gotten used to it. Have you mentioned to them that you are an adult??? lol
yes he is, but is living there, their house = their rules.

too bad it's coming to that. sounds like it's a no win situation. maybe try talking to them, so they understand selling it will result in a cpl thousand $ hit, it's cheaper transportation than a car, are a responsible motorcycle rider. assume all this had already been discussed, parents are prob. just worried about a potential accident

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

latony007

That blows, I mean at 20 if you have a job and can afford the bike it seems like a decision you should be able to make on your own. However your parents might just want you out and are ticked you didn't use the money to get an apartment lol. Tough spot, sounds like your on the high side of what you paid for it too. You try going back to the dealer?

yillbs

Dude be smart about it. Put it in a storage unit pay your 200 bucks a month and you will have a brand new bike with no miles no drops and no scratches when you move out which you will... Soon. Don't ride it just pay storage it and wait :)

kevenxx93

Yes I know I won't be getting 9000$ So I put obo, I haven't seen and used 2014 for sale so I'm not 100% what it would go for. The dealer offered me 6500$ for the bike so far.
Putting the bike in storage is my option right now. Although my dad said to trade it in for a Jetski. Which sounds like a good option. I'm going to see if I can make a deal for a jetski and go from there.

Last thing, yea I tried the whole I'm an adult and I'm paying for it excuse but it didn't work. I'm living in their house so I guess I have to give it up.

Fizzer6R

Yes I know I won't be getting 9000$ So I put obo, I haven't seen and used 2014 for sale so I'm not 100% what it would go for. The dealer offered me 6500$ for the bike so far.
Putting the bike in storage is my option right now. Although my dad said to trade it in for a Jetski. Which sounds like a good option. I'm going to see if I can make a deal for a jetski and go from there.

Last thing, yea I tried the whole I'm an adult and I'm paying for it excuse but it didn't work. I'm living in their house so I guess I have to give it up.
interesting your dad will allow you to get a Jetski but not keep a bike. sorry, taking a big hit on this, then going even more in debt on another rec. vehicle is bad advice. and financially, putting it in storage, paying for that every month, and who knows when you'll finally ride it is a horrible idea.

sure we all want a new bike; have you thought of taking a step back, saving $ so you will be able to move out and do what you want?

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

latony007

Trade it in for a jetski? know how many drunks are on those things. they are a blast but can be almost as dangerous. Least most people on bikes are sober lol. Wish you the best.

Blue-Sun

Elite Member
Last edited:

blkbrd

Elite Member
Last edited:

kevenxx93

Totally with you here...there are waaaay too many 25-30 year old "kids" these days still soaking off of Mom and Dad. Some of these "kids" are pulling in $50K a year and blowing it all on crap...they dont want to give up the "lifestyle" that $0 living expenses allows them to have.

To the OP, maybe you can afford to get your OWN place, even if it's shared accomodation. The responsibility of of paying your own way will make you a better person. It won't be easy, but that's what the real world is all about.
Yea if I could afford a place to live I would. I work part time and barely because I go to school Monday-Friday. My paycheck hit 600$-700$ a month. I don't think I'd be able to afford living on my own at that rate here in Miami. As soon as I can get a better job then I will.
For the record if I was pulling in. 50k a year I would definitely not be in this situation lol

RoadTrip

Don't give up the dream, you took a chance it didn't work out this time, there will plenty of opportunities down the road, and you will be riding eventually.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

MattEnTheHat

Wow OP, this is rough.
I know how it feels to have your parents dictate your decisions; my parents were extremely strict and controlling until I went away for college. They'd force their opinions and values on me at every turn. I was always the one who couldn't hang out with friends or whatever because my parents wouldn't let me, I wasn't allowed to see R-rated movies until I was actually 17 and sometimes not even then, etc. You get the idea. My girlfriend and I started dating when we were barely 15 years old, and my parents' strictness always had a pretty significant influence on our relationship. For example, we weren't allowed to go on dates alone together until I was about 17 and my mother once called a meeting with my girlfriend's mother because she saw us kissing on Valentine's day when we were 16 (we had been together for a year and a half or so at that point).
Anyways, everything changed around the time I went away for college. My girlfriend and I (after being together for 3 years) chose to go to different universities about 200 miles apart, but stayed together as a couple. So of course I missed her like crazy at the start of college (and still do every day) and wanted to visit her. I knew my parents would not approve of me going to visit and stay in her room with her, but I just went anyways and didn't tell them until I got home. This probably wasn't the best or most mature way to handle the situation, but it felt like my only option. To my huge surprise, when I did tell them afterwards, they weren't angry at all. They just asked me to tell them before I left in the future so that they'd know where I was. I could tell they were not pleased about it, but they respected that I was enough of an adult to make these decisions for myself. I'm not sure if it was the fact that I found my way to and from her school on public transportation and catching rides without a problem, or the very fact that we could maintain a relationship for so long at our age and then keep it going even while we are hundreds of miles apart, or something else entirely, but SOMETHING I did convinced them that I was mature enough to make my own decisions.
Fast forward to this year, and I am moving off campus next year. As such, I needed some form of transportation. I decided independently that I wanted a motorcycle instead of a car, and to my huge surprise they respected that decision, and were even willing to lend me some money to make the purchase when I found a great deal.
So to the OP, all I can say is try to prove to your parents that you are in fact an adult capable of analyzing a situation and making a decision for yourself, even if that decision is different from the one they would have made. It worked for me. And whatever you end up doing with the bike now, I hope you are able to ride soon, and that we'll see you back here able to ride!

Tl;dr Try to prove to your parents that you're an adult capable of making reasonable decisions. It worked for me in a similar situation.

travisH3

my parents werent thrilled either. I started riding at 16 years old on a cheaper bike. I proved to them i was all about the safety wearing gear at all times and took the motorcycle MSF safety course to better hone my skills, save money on insurance. hopefully your parents will come around and let you keep it so you dont lose your a$$ on it, mention the MSF course and see if you can reason with them. Its a risk doing anything and im one of those people that believe everything happens for a reason. good luck