Flushmount front signals

J

jtarkany

Thanks 4 d writeup. will come handy when I install my fairings:thumbup:
You are welcome. You can reach the rubber hooks on the flasher stay (inside fairing) by coming down from the top of your fairing. Just unhook the top rubber hook with a flat head screwdriver, then reach in with your hand, grab the flasher stay and pull down and back, it will pop right off, freeing up the signal body to be pulled straight out from the outside of the fairing.

Good Luck and Ride Safe :thumbup:.

E

eagle1909

They look great and all. But are they street legal?

I have been thinking about doing that for my 06 fz, but I would have to have that question answered first. Which I am guessing is a state to state thing.

cbzdel

I just got a set of Hotbodies Flush Mounts (smoked) for my bike today, I will report on how they fit tonight (havent seen any remarks on them yet IIRC), Cycle Gear told me it wouldnt be a problem to return them if there was any fitment issues..

(the hot bodies are the ones that fit completly flush with the fairings)

cbzdel

ok the hotbodies flush mounts are NOT flush, the rear section of them sticks out to far, almost a 1/4".. Thus giving it more visability from the front.. BUT I am taking them because I am not paying $40 for somthing that doesnt fit the way its intended..

MNDZA

ok the hotbodies flush mounts are NOT flush, the rear section of them sticks out to far, almost a 1/4".. Thus giving it more visability from the front.. BUT I am taking them because I am not paying $40 for somthing that doesnt fit the way its intended..
So far, all the flushmounts I found for the FZ6R fit that way to allow some visibility towards the front. I'm not sure they have completely flush signals....I may be wrong though.

Comiha22

Does anyone know of any flush mount signals that do stay on as running lights, like the stocks?

joloy133

My stock lights never stayed on as running lights but I put a Priority Plus unit for my rear light. Sound Off Recreational, Inc., has different types/models to chose from. The stock brake light is left alone but the rear turn signals now have a triple function; they pulse when brakes are applied, are on as running lights on start, and turn signal mode. (I also went with the diamond star modulator for the front headlight.) I did it this way so in the event one part failed the other is unaffected, I have some brake light function unless they both fail at once. Hope this helps.

cbzdel

Does anyone know of any flush mount signals that do stay on as running lights, like the stocks?
I am sure you can wire them to act as the stockers.. actuallly check out the Audi style running light thread (I think thats what its called) someone put together a diagram so splicing and running a single bulb as a runner and flasher...

I wish I could get flush mounts for my bike! They aren't allowed on post! Oh well though, can't argue with the government! It would be nice if Yamaha would do there signals like GSXR or CBR, put them on their rear view mirrors! That is just my opinion though!

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I wish I could get flush mounts for my bike! They aren't allowed on post! Oh well though, can't argue with the government! It would be nice if Yamaha would do there signals like GSXR or CBR, put them on their rear view mirrors! That is just my opinion though!
I don't know if it would work, but if the FZ6R shares a similar mounting bracket, you could possibly adapt the GSXR or CBR mirrors with the signal lights to work on the FZ6R. :don'tknow: I have thought about that myself, but haven't been close enough to either bike to know whether the mirrors would fit on our bike.

JonKerr

Elite Member

angelsneverlose

hey guys, ive had my permit for 1.5 years and finally have my license appt. I was going to do the flush mount blinkers as well, but is this legal? should i wait until after my appt. incase there is some rule and i fail because my bikes not legal or something? lol

someone care to shine in or let me know:)

O-turn

Partier
I would not think these are legal, they do not stay on nor are that visible. They are however rather easy to install and remove so you can do that to pass inspections...

xplodnstar

Legality is relative. It all depends on where you are.

No problem in CA. At least I haven't know anyone to get in trouble yet. :eek:

demon408

when you mount the light black to yamaha black (ground) brown and green is the signal wire and blue is the running light

demon408

check ebay 04-08 fz6 flush mounts fit on the fz6r i heard alot of others fit to witch makes sense cause why would yama waste all this time for front turn sigs

Attachments

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

xplodnstar

i have a 09 fz6r

most ads dont say 09

but do they fit a 09??
This is the first year for this bike, so they are all '09s. It saves space on eBay not to have to mention the year. If it says FZ6R, you should be good.

xXMotoSniperXx

California Vehicle Code reference yoru concern.

They look great and all. But are they street legal?

I have been thinking about doing that for my 06 fz, but I would have to have that question answered first. Which I am guessing is a state to state thing.
Hey fellas, I can answer in reference to California only.

CVC 24952. A lamp-type turn signal shall be plainly visible and
understandable in normal sunlight and at nighttime from a distance of
at least 300 feet to the front and rear of the vehicle, except that
turn signal lamps on vehicles of a size required to be equipped with
clearance lamps shall be visible from a distance of 500 feet during
such times.

CVC 24953. (a) Any turn signal system used to give a signal of
intention to turn right or left shall project a flashing white or
amber light visible to the front and a flashing red or amber light
visible to the rear.
(b) Side-mounted turn signal lamps projecting a flashing amber
light to either side may be used to supplement the front and rear