Finally got my FZ6R

dsanchez222

So after a year of dreaming I finally bought an FZ6R. I bought it used on craigslist and its my first bike ever. I am HOOKED!

After I bought it, I drove it home 2 hours with my wife following behind. I've had it 2 and a half days so far and already put just under 500 miles it. If it weren't for the weather I'd be out riding right now.

How many miles did you ladies and gentlemen put on your bike when you first got it?

Fizzer6R

congrats man! enjoy your "1st" :p and take it all in slowly as those memories will last a lifetime

my first was a dirtbike, w/o a headlight and i still kept riding it well after dark just to get in a lil more seat time ;)

BKP

Congratulations on your first bike... and your first 500 miles...

Amazing thing is... as much as you love it now... it gets even better...

Ride safe --

black_fz6r_12

So after a year of dreaming I finally bought an FZ6R. I bought it used on craigslist and its my first bike ever. I am HOOKED!

After I bought it, I drove it home 2 hours with my wife following behind. I've had it 2 and a half days so far and already put just under 500 miles it. If it weren't for the weather I'd be out riding right now.

How many miles did you ladies and gentlemen put on your bike when you first got it?
Congrats on the bike! 500 miles already? Nice! Do you have some pictures so we can see her? i didnt put any miles on my bike because i had no license and no permit. The dealership delivered her home! Ride safe my man!

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

fz6guy

Congrats on the bike. Definitely a fun ride. I think it took me a couple of days to put that mileage on. I've had mine since I believe June and put about 6000km on it. Weather and family functions have kept the seat time down. Enjoy and ride safe

dsanchez222

There is one thing about the bike that I'm unsure of. Going home after I bought it I was going the sped limit, 65. My wife was following behind me and when we stopped she told me I was only doing about 60. Based on her setting the pace my speedometer is about a quarter mph faster than what I'm actually going.

What could cause this? It's not such a big deal at low speeds but when I'm doing 50-75 mph there is an actual difference of 5-8 mph. This is kind of nice because it keeps my speed down. But I'd rather know exactly how fast I'm going. Any ideas?

Invader Jim

There is one thing about the bike that I'm unsure of. Going home after I bought it I was going the sped limit, 65. My wife was following behind me and when we stopped she told me I was only doing about 60. Based on her setting the pace my speedometer is about a quarter mph faster than what I'm actually going.

What could cause this? It's not such a big deal at low speeds but when I'm doing 50-75 mph there is an actual difference of 5-8 mph. This is kind of nice because it keeps my speed down. But I'd rather know exactly how fast I'm going. Any ideas?

With stock sprockets the speedo is off. I have heard it is around 7-8% off and your observations are in sync with that. I typically make sure I do at least 5 mph higher than the speed limit on highways to compensate.

If you ever change out the front sprocket to a +1 then the speedo error will be eliminated.

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Last edited:

tzrox

Nice! I am still wanting mine. Craigslist is sparse. Would you mind sharing what year/mileage/price you got yours? At times I get super impatient and feel like I might make a bad decision and overpay if I wait much longer. Starting to look at the ninjas even. Still want the FZ6R though first if I can find it.

EDIT: Never mind, apparently there is a whole thread dedicated to just what I asked. :):) <-noob

Last edited:

dsanchez222

I bought it with 5831 miles. The guy was asking 4500 for the bike. It was basically brand new. It only had 2 spots with small scratches on it. I had no problem paying the what the guy was asking because like I said, the bike was like new. Between the bike, gear, and all the dmv crap I was out the door for $5200. I will admit I got lucky to find the bike I was looking for in such great condition. I would definitely recommend waiting to get that great deal. You don't want to go cheap on a bike unless you know exactly what your getting yourself into. I don't have enough experience to buy a fixer-upper. So far I'm super excited with my purchase and with a week and a half of great riding weather ahead of me, I think I'm going to put quite a few miles on her.

Demond

Congrats! I hope you have many fun days and nights on the bike!:Sport:

I just got Amber about six months ago (actually 6 mos. today). On my first day, I rode the bike home approx. 70 miles. Then, I hopped back on and rode 30 RT to Cycle Gear. So, 100 miles total on the first day. Since then, over 8500 miles.

I hope the WX improves for you!

- RocketRyder510

acomeaux33cx

I bought mine in march of this year with 5080 miles. Its an 09. In six months i have brought the mileage up to over 12,000. Guy didnt ride it very much because it took him 3 years to do what I did in about 4 months.