Ermax Seat Cowl

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

ajskillz13

Doubt it will fit considering the XJ6 is a single seat and the FZ has a two piecer... There is a chance, but I'm doubting it.

Prety sure its the British pound. 1pound = approx.1.57USD. Check your credit card company to see what they charge for exchange rates fees.

Personally, I think it would be awesome on a naked bike because it gives it a rugged look. A bike with fairings.. i'd have to agree Mistah T.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I'm pretty sure that will only fit the XJ6. It's not a replacement cowl like what is available for the FZ6R. If I remember correctly, it's more of a cover that goes over the back half of the XJ6 banana seat.

Edited to add: This is directly from the description on the website. So yeah, no go with the FZ6R.

Yamaha XJ6 / XJ6 Diversion 2009-2012 Ermax Seat Cowl
The seat cover is manuafactured from automotive grade ABS plastic, easy to fit and remove. It is supplied with any required fixings and finished in factory colours (or unpainted).

The Ermax Single seat cover is an easy to fit accessory that gives your bike that factory look.
The Single seat cover slips over the rear seat pad itself and is secured when seat is locked in place as normal.

Made from ABS automotive quality plastic, the Single seat cover is available in a wide range of factory matched colours along with base plastic ready for those custom paint jobs!!

Last edited:

Bert-Aus

Um be cautious here, the seats are totally different between the two bikes!

How do I know??? because i have both seat types for the XJ6

I def reccomend you contact the supplier and query HOW the REAR of the Cowl fits around the underside of the rear-tip of the seat.

Reason being is that the dual seats from FZ6R have a mounting point at the tip to secure the seat in place, whilst the XJ6 single seat DOES NOT have this mouinting location! Thus the cowl MAY slip under & around this area

dste0395

I am still looking for a seat cowl for the bike, I have the burnt Orange 2011. Please let me know if you guys know of anything out there. I have looked up Yamaha's version and it is really expensive and not body color. Black would be ok, but I am putting Ducati Monster Stripes on the bike and was hoping to have a body color cowl.