Dyno run (thunder hill raceway)

I am a new rider and trying to understand the governing physics in play here. I understand you would want to shift around the 9-10k for maximum HP... but what about maximum fuel economy? Is optimal fuel efficiency achieved at optimal HP point? Is there a guide to how you should ride to optimize fuel efficiency vs. racing? I've looked online at some tools (GearingCommander) to help me understand, but word of advice from senior riders is appreciated :)

As I mentioned before my bike is stock except that I run +1 on my front sprocket (17 teeth vs 16 teeth). A few day ago I went out for a 300 KM ride and for the most time rode 90 KMH(55 MPH) to 95KMH(60 MPH) and short shifted (next highest gear) as much as I could. My combined milage (some 30 MPH but most highway) was 64.5 MPG (Imperial) or 53.7 (US Gallon)

So here's a dumb question. I have seen that everyone said the slip on tbr doesn't work on our bike. Now when I bought mine from the dealer they said it had a slip-on.. How can I figure out whether or not that is true and if I have the full set up?

hmm maybe I should get myself a PCV or something if that is indeed the case..

I need to go back on the dyno too. I like to get some final numbers with the Viper Can. I had 70 stock, 74 with the Supertrapp (12 discs) and PCV. I'll like to think the Viper gave me another 2 or so. I just need to wait that the weather go down in the mid 50's to have number that I can compare.

Has any member or anyone in that case put a stock FZ6R on a dyno,,so we can compare graphs between stock and modded bikes. Myself I would like to see mid-range comparisons.. Laurie

Has any member or anyone in that case put a stock FZ6R on a dyno,,so we can compare graphs between stock and modded bikes. Myself I would like to see mid-range comparisons.. Laurie

I think there's a video on YouTube where one runs a stock 6r on a dyno.

Last edited:

I have put my stock 6R on the dyno. Oh and that is my bike on youtube. Here is picture of my graph. 63.33 HP and max torque is 36.44. I have not had my bike back on the dyno since I did all the upgrades.

:thumbup:
I have put my stock 6R on the dyno. Oh and that is my bike on youtube. Here is picture of my graph. 63.33 HP and max torque is 36.44. I have not had my bike back on the dyno since I did all the upgrades.

Oh sweet, I was wondering if you were on here! :thumbup:

Thanks very much Funkmaxtor... here are the 2 graphs (Rooks 6R + Funk's 6R)

I know different Dyno's give different results but I just want to compare.

Sometime I hope to get back on the dyno now that I am done modding for performance. But right now I have a broken 7.3 Powerstroke that I need to spend money on. :(

But with the Powerstroke broken I did get the opportunity to go grocery shopping with my 6R! Haha... Got a few looks with that one.

haha I would of paid to see that!

Yea it was almost as good as going through a drive through for food. People never know what to do. Haha.

Attachments

• IMG_0657.jpg
    IMG_0657.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 18
But with the Powerstroke broken I did get the opportunity to go grocery shopping with my 6R! Haha... Got a few looks with that one

Is this you Funkmaxtor?????

But with the Powerstroke broken I did get the opportunity to go grocery shopping with my 6R! Haha... Got a few looks with that one

Is this you Funkmaxtor?????

Hahaha! No I think this guy got me beat. That is hilarious though!

Ok I will stop thread jacking, back to the dyno talk.

Back