Does The Gear Match The Bike?

Does your gear base color match your bike?

• Yes

Votes: 191 68.7%
  • No

Votes: 87 31.3%

• Total voters

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

Spunky99

I have a bright yellow jacket with a blue bike.
Makes being seen much easier.
I swear there have been a few times people have been backing out of their driveway and have seen me sooner because of the yellow jacket.
Exaclty!

I have the yellow FZ6R and a tiny bit of yellow on my helmet that is mostly red and white so I wear a red mesh jacket and black pants/boots. Much more visible.

Detrich

i like the pix of members with their gear + bikes... keep em coming. :)

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

Steviet

Helmet - Scorpion EXO 1000
Alpine Stars Stage Perforated Leather Jacket
Sidi Strada Air Boots
Scorpio ExoWear Deuce Pants (don't like the fit of the protection)
Cortech Injector Gloves

JSP

Super Moderator
Guess I can post up in this thread now!

Answer is NO :)

Sage

My jackets are black/gray and my helmet is a matte black :) so yes, for this bike anyway, not the last one haha.

nashvillenobody

Yep... always been a believer if you can't be good, at least look good...lol

Rat

Nice pic, nashvillenobody!
Yellow wheels strips look not bad on yellow bike!
Will definitely do the same.

nashvillenobody

Nice pic, nashvillenobody!
Yellow wheels strips look not bad on yellow bike!
Will definitely do the same.
Thanks... bought the ones that are precurved and had them put the FZ6R logos on them. It took about 2 hours to put them on, but I really took my time to get them just right and get all the bubbles out. Little hint, clean the wheel good first with a degreaser and dry it well. Then prespray the rim and the sticky side of the stripes with windex. This will allow you to lay out the stripes and move them exactly where you want them. Then start pressing them in place squeezing out the windex and air bubbles... Let dry a couple hours in the sun before riding and wa la.. good luck and post pics when you get her done

Detrich

:needpics:

hehe

Got the 09 Raven and my gear is black and red like the bike. But I do have a black and silver helmet also.

Detrich

Here's me in full gear... I think I look funny... =\

Fieldsheer Apex Gloves
Fieldsheer Revo Sport 2-piece
HJC IS-16 Helmet
Vega Sport Boots

JonKerr

Elite Member

Insure Gal

Not sure if this belongs here or in "Product Review"

This is a bit long so please bear with me ok?

When I bought Zen I looked around for a new lid to match. The only one that even seemed remotely close was a beautiful Shoie flutter.... to the tune of $500.00 bones. A little out of my price range right now seeing as I had only gotten this HJC lid last summer and I really like it. It just doesn't match my bike.

I did some internet research on a cheaper option to solve the problem and I found a little company called Skull Skins.
SkullSkins // Changeable Helmet Wear

They have all kinds of interesting (and some freakie - if I was a guy I would totaly be rocking the Spiderman head for sure!) skins (and visor covers with eyes etc) that just slip right on over your helmet in minutes, it's made of a neoprene like material and is breathable and machine washable.

They also do custom work (AHHH HA!!!) so I thought I'ld give it a wurl. I emailed them with my quiry on what I wanted (and a pic of my bike) and 20 minutes later they emailed me back(complete with mock up of the skin ) telling me they could do it, quickly and for under $60 bucks shipped to the door. Hmmmm I'm intrigued.. so I ordered it and 3 and a half weeks (shipping takes longer for custom orders I'm told) I have my "new looking" helmet at a fraction of what I would have paid for a new lid.

I think they did a pretty decent job of matching it up to my bike. I don't know the life span of these things but I'm pretty happy with it so far,

only one caveat though,,, if you have a FF helmet the instlation instructions do not tell you that you have to remove your visor mechanism from the helmet and slip the skin benieth it so it does not interfere with operation of your visor.

Last edited:

Detrich

nice! it'd be even cooler if they swirled in some of the black to match the shade of the FZR graphics? sounds like they can do just about anything. looking good. :)

Insure Gal

Yeah the pic doesn't actually show it very well but the pink flames are outlined in black that fades to grey.

Will try to get a closer pic next time.

Stephenfz6r

I wear all black equipment, but it wasn't planned, it just happened that everything that fit happened to be black. My jacket has reflective piping so it's not completely invisible at night. When it rains I add a rain suit and I look like a banana.:canada: