Does The Gear Match The Bike?

Does your gear base color match your bike?

• Yes

Votes: 191 68.7%
  • No

Votes: 87 31.3%

• Total voters
This is going to be my "alter-ego" look. Hehehe. Not that I don't love matching blue & white like my normal gear... But, every now & then it's kinda fun to mix it up a little bit... An waiting on my Sidi ST hi-viz boots to complete the look. x_X

c6e4d19f-a1d3-7264.jpg

c6e4d19f-a1e6-956a.jpg

Hehehe. Tnx. :) With this setup i can mix & match colors without the fluorescents permanently on the suit. It gets boring sometimes always wearing the same colors. xP

You can always do what I did also and slowly accumulate some extra hi-viz (neon yellow) gear on the side (gloves, knee pucks, helmet etc.) and then mix it up with your existing gear. I was originally thinking of just getting some waterproof neon tape and going to town with it- i.e. doing the Eddie Van Halen thing. but, then once i started browsing, i noticed that a lot of reputable brands actually make high quality gear in neon yellow. so, it just made more sense to go this route and not desecrate what i have... plus, this is easier to swap around. true- it's going to cost a little bit more. but, neon stuff will go with any primary color theme you already have- be it black, red, white, or blue... :)

Last edited:
Sidi hi-viz boots came in this week. I think this color combo works. :)

c6e4d819-3bbf-1ad0.jpg

nice boots, where and how much?

Nope... never tried to match -- besides, trying to match to my copper bike would give me a headache...

So --

Helmets: Matte black Arai and matte black Sorpion lids w/ reflective Halo band
Jackets: Black Dianese Air Flux mesh for the hot weather
Cortech DSX lined Denim for colder nite rides
Slate ICON Contra for everything in-between
Neon yellow BILT reflective vest
Boots: Black Alpinestars SMX-5 full boots
Black Speed and Strength Moment of Truth 3/4 boots
Pants: Black BILT mesh pants
Gloves: Black Z1R Reaper gloves
Black Alpinestars mesh gloves
Black Sedici mesh gloves
Looking at: Neon Joe Rocket 5.0 Jacket
Revit pants in anthracite
Alpinestars SMX-2 orange/white gloves

nice boots, where and how much?

Euro model Sidi ST's in Yellow Fluro. Have to order from eBay cuz US distributors don't carry this color. Same price as US plus shipping. . .

Back