Dirt Road Custom seat review

latony007

Tony, I should thank you personally for advocating for Eddie. You have probably made riding about 25% more pleasurable for many of us FZ6R riders!

Still waiting to get my seats back. Should only be another week or two, I hope. I've got the heated jacket liner ready to go!
Your welcome, too bad i dont get a commission :)
Really i just posted and answer questions because it made such a big difference for me and is the most useful mod i have done. Someone else on here directed me to him and have had help from many on this forum for various issues so whenever i can give back i try!
BTW i think you will say 50% more pleasurable at least when you get them back! post picts!

Superzoom

Your welcome, too bad i dont get a commission :)
Really i just posted and answer questions because it made such a big difference for me and is the most useful mod i have done. Someone else on here directed me to him and have had help from many on this forum for various issues so whenever i can give back i try!
BTW i think you will say 50% more pleasurable at least when you get them back! post picts!
You honestly DO deserve a commission!

I do think that seat comfort is very, very important. I was only half joking when I said that a new seat would make riding 25% more pleasurable (or 50% by your prediction!). Having a sore *** detracts and distracts from the experience, and that's not right.

I will post pics, but the new seat may be the least of the striking mods I am doing. I am going over to the dark side, and going fully naked! Already ordered the round headlight, brackets, signals and bar end mirrors.

mike

Sending my seats out to Eddie on Wednesday. From what everyone is saying it seems to be worth it...

mike

Got my seats back within 4 days, cant believe how fast eddie got them back to me. Seats look and feel great compared to stock. Took me alittle while to post i wanted to get a few rides in before i commented.

latony007

Got my seats back within 4 days, cant believe how fast eddie got them back to me. Seats look and feel great compared to stock. Took me alittle while to post i wanted to get a few rides in before i commented.
Glad you liked them, did you get anything special done or straight up black?
The percentage of people who love his seats remains at about 100% :)

mike

Glad you liked them, did you get anything special done or straight up black?
The percentage of people who love his seats remains at about 100% :)
Got them carbon fiber with blue stitching. Was really impressed with Eddie. Here are some pics.
seats 001.jpg

seats 002.jpg

Superzoom

Has anyone with Dirt Road seats left their bike parked outside in the rain? I'm wondering what rain will do to the seats if left uncovered.

Superzoom

It should be no issue. He uses marine grade vinyl and marine grade thread.
Thanks. I guess I just have problems accepting that no custom seats are waterproof and that seams will leak but it isn't a concern.

I remember sitting on some motorcycle seats in the past, and water would get squeezed out of the seat like a sponge when you sat on it after some rain.

latony007

Thanks. I guess I just have problems accepting that no custom seats are waterproof and that seams will leak but it isn't a concern.

I remember sitting on some motorcycle seats in the past, and water would get squeezed out of the seat like a sponge when you sat on it after some rain.
I live in California and the most rain they have seen is some sprinkles, but if you email eddie i am sure he will tell you for sure. Most of the people who have gotten them live in rainy areas though i would think someone would have piped up if it was an issue.

Superzoom

I live in California and the most rain they have seen is some sprinkles, but if you email eddie i am sure he will tell you for sure. Most of the people who have gotten them live in rainy areas though i would think someone would have piped up if it was an issue.
I did in fact ask Eddie, and he said that seat customizers do not do anything to make their seats waterproof, and that this does not lead to any problems. I just recall when I had a Mustang seat on my Sportster that water would get into the seat and would get squeezed out when you sat on it for a few days after, soaking your butt. Not a big deal, but not a perfect system, either.

latony007

Thanks!

Had them since end of summer, a most comfortable ride.
those are probably my favorite ones i have seen, if i had thought of it i would have had him put a strip of white in mine too! I just talked to him and apparently he likes doing the FZ seats, said dont send me any more harley or bmw guys lol.

ptmxtwo

Reponse to original post ...

WOW

the first thing i saw was the Yamaha logo, which I like a lot.
then i noticed the material, which i also like a lot
then i saw the stiching, which i like a lot
then i finally saw the workmanship.

Unbelievable..... !

Last edited:

dIGITAL dISCIPLE

I just messaged him and he had some surgery. He's booked through August so he will get to mine first week of September.