Corbin Seat

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Very interesting...

From the picture, it looks like the seat is only held in place by the "tongue at the front of the seat and the latch that would be for the pillion portion. Is this correct? And does the seat move in place much?

xplodnstar

Very interesting...

From the picture, it looks like the seat is only held in place by the "tongue at the front of the seat and the latch that would be for the pillion portion. Is this correct? And does the seat move in place much?
Yes, that's what holds it on, no movement, though. It's a little tight in removing and replacing the seat, but I've got it figured out and I like the seat more overall.

xplodnstar

Can you move laterally or does it keep you fairly planted in one position?
I can move, but it's not slippery. I don't find myself planted on the tank if I have to hard stop. But I am able to move around for turns and stuff.

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Very interesting...

Robert, this is exactly how the FZ6 seats are held on as well. I like this design a lot better than a two piece.

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator

Superzoom

How is the saddle?

Xplodnstar,

Can you give us an update on how you are finding your Corbin seat? Has it broken in? Have you gone on any all day rides on it? Any faults with the seat?

I did notice that the profile on your basically custom saddle is much more dished than the pictures of the saddle on the Corbin website. The website pics make the saddle look basically flat.

Have you taken anyone on the pillion? The pillion comfort is a big concern for me as I want to be able to ride with my girlfriend for more than a few hours at a time. From the description on the Corbin website, the pillion sounds like a torture device to be used only in emergencies.

xplodnstar

The seat has been great. I find it to be comfortable and fitting. I've only been out for 5 hours or so on it, but it held up well.

I had Corbin shave the seat down pretty good for height reasons as well as bring the back portion in a bit so I don't slide back too far. That's why it looks different. It's definitely better to go in for the custom fitting if you can. They might allow for some direction on the website, but I'm not sure.

I have not used the pillion seat, so I can't tell you how comfortable it is. I think it looks fine, though. I would be willing to ride it, but not for a long ride. But then, I don't like being back there for long anyway. I can tell you that trying to tie a box to it takes some skill due to the big peak on it.

krytenx

Just got my Corbin today. Haven't had a chance to ride on it yet, just wanted to share how it looked.

I went with basically the same configuration as on Corbin's website, only I went with the carbon fiber leather instead of the alligator. The center is the carbonium vinyl. Out of the box it's pretty slippery and hard as a rock. It will definitely take a while to break-in. I'll be sure to update after I put some miles on the seat.

mische42

obviously it looks like its a one piece seat? Can you remove the whole seat with the key release or do you loose your under seat storage (what little there is)?

Bert-Aus

Dual seat to single banana?

HI all, just found this thread today.
In Australia we get this bike stock with a single banana seat much like the customised aftermarket pictures shared. Storage area is double thanks to the forward latch (just behind battery) not existent.

I am in Cali this week and saw the FZ6R dual seat for the first time yesterday -my thoughts are it looks much sexier than single.
However I am interested to hear more about comfort as a dual seat setup -any posts? -I am actually considering getting the dual seats to change with my single banana

BTW the paint jobs and decal work (dont forget fairing too!) that is available here is SOOOO much better than in OZ

Last edited:

wtnotch

HI all, just found this thread today.
In Australia we get this bike stock with a single banana seat much like the customised aftermarket pictures shared. Storage area is double thanks to the forward latch (just behind battery) not existent.

I am in Cali this week and saw the FZ6R dual seat for the first time yesterday -my thoughts are it looks much sexier than single.
However I am interested to hear more about comfort as a dual seat setup -any posts? -I am actually considering getting the dual seats to change with my single banana

BTW the paint jobs and decal work (dont forget fairing too!) that is available here is SOOOO much better than in OZ
Are you close to Pleasanton? I have a stock dual seat that you can have if you'd like.

Russ

Bert-Aus

Exciting !

Wow that is awesome! Um I think I am out of range though? I am staying in Santa Ana... Def I just looked it up -if you're in Pleasanton (East of Oakland),
But maybe I could arrange postage?? let me know

Last edited:

Chucker

Isn't it amazing that 2 people, with as little in common as they ride similar bikes, can have this type of exchange around one giving the other something for nothing, yet there are people all over the world that would steal from someone they knew well in order to get something worth much less?

Good on ya, wtnotch!

Bert-Aus

Yah, you're a bit south. Check on the shipping and let me know. It's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Russ
:D:D You sure you dont want anything for it?
Man I def agree with the secondary comment, the world is only getting smaller as our bikes bring us all together.

Pls email me directly at [email protected]

I will only be here till Sunday, then back to Australia. So will need to organise shipping international. Gonna googlilize sum places now...
I am this drunk :zombie: with thankfullness

Edit: what are the odds of getting it express tonight/ tomorow to Santa Ana at Hotel?

Last edited:

wtnotch

I can get them to UPS by 9AM or so tomorrow if that will work. I'll email and we can work out the details.

Russ