Corbin Seat

cbzdel

I HATE banana seats, that why I refused to buy the FZ6 even though it was cheaper than the FZ6R..

I dont even use a rear cowl anymore but I still hate the 1 piece look :(

xplodnstar

Seat determination....

Okay, so after 150 miles of twisties and freeways, I have decided that the seat is comfortable. The spots that were giving me some pain have worked themselves out, or the pants I wore were just better. Either way, the seat is good. Pricey, but good.

Here are some pics I took while we rested during our ride on Ortega Hwy.

I went with a simpler look for my seat, I'm not much for animal prints, but I did like the carbon fiber-ish look on the sides.

cbzdel

OMG I retract my statment, the seat on Corbin.com is butt ugly!! But your is sweet!! I think I may look into this seat now in the future haha!!

Can we get an underside pic at all??

xplodnstar

OMG I retract my statment, the seat on Corbin.com is butt ugly!! But your is sweet!! I think I may look into this seat now in the future haha!!

Can we get an underside pic at all??
You want to see up the skirt? :eek:

I'll try and get one when I get home tonight. ;)

Thank you for the complement, BTW. I thought that the choices they made were not pretty by any standards, but with some tweaking, the seat can look real nice. You could try something like changing the whole "back seat" to a matching yellow instead of the asphalt texture they used. Or whichever color to match the individual bikes. They have an actual leather color called "Yamaha Blue", so I could only imagine the color configurations we could come up with.

I was REALLY surprised by how close a color match their magenta was to the one on the bike, too. They said they didn't have a hot pink, but when the guy showed me this, I squeaked with excitement.

msgirle

Hey xplodnstar! I love "YOUR" Corbin seat...it looks hot and very comfortable!! They did an awesome job for you!!! Let me know if you're going to get rid of the stock seat, you know I'm still interested! :) LOL!

joloy133

Xplodnstar: Nice seat, looks great on your bike, the contoured pillion looks custom. They say break-in is about 1000 mi., how bad is it now, sounds like its OK from the "gitgo" so it'll get better? Can you move laterally when you want or does it hold you in? I sometimes slide forward on the stock seat and the upturn at the tank looks perfect. Is it easy to remove and get to the storage? Overall really nice addition, am considering with custom options.;)

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Wow! So they took the two seats and made a single seat out of it? Nice!

I'm with Chris, can you please post some pics of the seat off the bike as well as the underside of the seat? (Your personal seat is optional ;) )

Any of the XJ6 owners, if you could also take a pic of the underside of the seat and a straight-down shot of the bike without the seat installed? Maybe we can compare them? Maybe the XJ6 seat will fit? If so, TS already makes a seat for the bike! :eek: :D

Verranth

You want to see up the skirt? :eek:

I'll try and get one when I get home tonight. ;)

Thank you for the complement, BTW. I thought that the choices they made were not pretty by any standards, but with some tweaking, the seat can look real nice. You could try something like changing the whole "back seat" to a matching yellow instead of the asphalt texture they used. Or whichever color to match the individual bikes. They have an actual leather color called "Yamaha Blue", so I could only imagine the color configurations we could come up with.

I was REALLY surprised by how close a color match their magenta was to the one on the bike, too. They said they didn't have a hot pink, but when the guy showed me this, I squeaked with excitement.
Any thoughts on the how much cushier the back seat is for the person riding in the back?

Or should I stop worrying about it and just get the FJR?

xplodnstar

Okay, sorry, everyone for the long absence. This past couple weeks have made me want to pull my hair out.

Anyway, I will go downstairs at lunch and get a few good pics of the seat. Underside and all.

msgirle - I will get you info on the stock seat separately. I haven't forgotten you, just got side tracked from everything.

As for the comfort, it has definitely improved. I particularly like the bucket feel of the back, which was pushed forward for me. But the boney points no longer hurt after my normal ride. If I ever do a marathon ride, I'll post my opinion for that. No, really, I will.

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
:( No pics yet? ;)

Please post some if you have some time. We'd appreciate it!

ty!

xplodnstar

Damn it!!! I'm gonna be labeled as unreliable. I got pulled into a lunch meeting yesterday and never got back downstairs until it was time to go home.

Okay, break time is in 15 minutes. I WILL get pics then.

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
:noworries: We can wait... :p

I know just how busy life can get too. I wouldn't ever fault you for any lack of response! :cool:

cbzdel

better remember :D

xplodnstar

Chris.....

Pbbbbbbbth!!!!

xplodnstar

More pics

I had them shave this part really close to the frame so I could get better contact with my feet to the ground.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Eh hem....You forgot the underside pics of the latching mechanism that were requested.

:ban:

xplodnstar

Eh hem....You forgot the underside pics of the latching mechanism that were requested.

:ban:
Forgot, no, misunderstood what you were looking for, definitely.

Sounds like you need a Pbbth too.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member

xplodnstar

Couldn't get to Photobucket, so I just attached them.