Corbin Seat

xplodnstar

Good news, everybody!

After 4 weeks with my bike, Corbin will have all the measurements to make a production seat for the FZ6R. The ETA to have it on the web site for ordering is the end of August.

I do not have any knowledge on size, comfort, configuration or anything yet. I will be getting my bike back on the 15th and will be able to update you all after that. I just wanted to let you all know that it IS coming.

I certainly can't wait. I love my 250, but, man, I sure miss the power of the 6R.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Excellent news! Thanks for sacrificing time with the 6R to help out the community. :thumbup:

cbzdel

You get a free one?? :D

xplodnstar

Sure did. They'll even drop the height on it if it's too tall for me.

msgirle

Sweet DEAL Xplodstar!!! I bet you're going to love the corbin seat...I hear nothing but good things about the company!! ;)

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Make sure they don't use their standard cover on it which is VERY slippery. Ask them to use something that offers a little grip when you sit. Their stock cover being slippery is the number one complaint from people I know who have bought one. :D

Sweet deal but 4 weeks? Wow! I think I'd ask for more! Like a group buy discount for the FZ6R forum! ;) ;) ;)

xplodnstar

Make sure they don't use their standard cover on it which is VERY slippery. Ask them to use something that offers a little grip when you sit. Their stock cover being slippery is the number one complaint from people I know who have bought one. :D

Sweet deal but 4 weeks? Wow! I think I'd ask for more! Like a group buy discount for the FZ6R forum! ;) ;) ;)
Hmmm, interesting idea. I'll see if they'll do something like that.

Hopefully the grippage will be satisfactory.

phocoyote7

I'd be in for group buy as long as not to crazy of price tag :steve:

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Any pics yet Girl! Keeping us in suspense? ;)

cbzdel

xplodnstar

<sigh>

Good news and bad news.

Good news - I've got contact info to set up a group buy. But I figured we should wait to see how they come out before we make the decision to buy them.

Bad news - Due to some unexpected bikes showing up and a slight "re-org" at Corbin, the scheduled due date for my bike was set back. I will be picking it up on 8/29.

I will have pics up of the production seat as soon as they are sent over to me. I will also get pics of mine when it's customized. They are going to fully fit it to me when I get there so that it's shorter and more comfortable for someone of my stature. :)

Sorry you guys have to wait a little longer.

xXMotoSniperXx

<sigh>

Good news and bad news.

Good news - I've got contact info to set up a group buy. But I figured we should wait to see how they come out before we make the decision to buy them.

Bad news - Due to some unexpected bikes showing up and a slight "re-org" at Corbin, the scheduled due date for my bike was set back. I will be picking it up on 8/29.

I will have pics up of the production seat as soon as they are sent over to me. I will also get pics of mine when it's customized. They are going to fully fit it to me when I get there so that it's shorter and more comfortable for someone of my stature. :)

Sorry you guys have to wait a little longer.
BadA$$, count me in!

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
So, they will have had your bike for TWO MONTHS??? There is NO way I would give up two months of my new bike for them to build a seat even if it is free!

xplodnstar

Yeah...... It was supposed to be 3 weeks in the beginning, which wasn't so bad. Then delays and stuff turned it into 6. And I have to put it off another week 'cause I'm watching my friends' kids while they go to BlizCon. So the 29th it is.

area

Thanks for the update...I'll be looking forward to seeing how comfortable this is...went on a long ride this weekend and the seat was killing me!

xplodnstar

:rolleyes: <sigh>, 5 days to go.

cbzdel

it must be killing you :(

xplodnstar

Almost. I have to keep reminding myself about patience, but it's not easy.