Clutch lever pull: how many fingers do you use?

How many fingers do you use for a clutch lever pull?

• 1 finger

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • 2 fingers

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • 3 fingers

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • 4 fingers

Votes: 29 45.3%
  • Other???

Votes: 5 7.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pointman1776

Elite Member

Brock Kickass

I use 2 for shifting, 4 when I'm pulling in the clutch to come to a complete stop. I have short levers and keep my clutch adjusted so that it takes up pretty far from the handlebar so that A) it requires 2 fingers and little effort between gears, and B) it is completely disengaged when pulled back to the bar, and not dragging and wearing out when I'm at a stoplight. Probably a little paranoid and unnecessary on the complete disengagement thing, but I just feel better knowing I've taken as much pressure of the plates as possible when stopped in gear.

Michael Wilson

i only use 2 but i have shortys on my bike

Detrich

I always use 4, because with armored gauntlets its hard to get enough clearance for just 2. Braking I only use 2 tho.

priotiynapkin

I found myself only using 2 for clutch and break so I switched to shorties when I got new levers. left hand wears out a little faster if I'm riding in traffic all day, but got used to it pretty quick.

BKP

I use four with the stock levers. Might use less with shorties, but probably not.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Grumpy

Clutch 4/2 depending on what I'm doing. Speed shifting I will stab with 2 or under heavy load or WOT no clutch at all. Tootling around in traffic i use 4 on the clutch.

Breaks are a different story, I have to use 4 as I have a loss of fine-motor-control in my right hand. Squeezing the break with two fingers is difficult but using all 4 is easy/normal.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

SpawnXX

Premium Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member
Y

yellowfz

There's a clutch on these bikes? :)
2 to take off, then nothing after that until I stop then 2 to get into neutral, 1 sometimes.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

BoneJj

Not only is that funny... The mental image just keeps me grinning! :) Rep on the way for that one. You've earned a few that you didn't get, anyway. If I can do two, I will.
I have actually been receiving a good bit lately, I have 161 points for some reason or another. Though I have no clue as to who gave it to me. People really should sign their rep when they give it in the comment.

I thank you for the rep, I do need to go around and give some more rep though.