Clip ons under the triple? Why yes... this way

DakinechicK

Clip ons under the triple? Why yes... this way ::NEW PICTURES::

Finally done! Sorry it took so long. I guess I was the guinea pig here, so have a look. I think my buddies did a good job! Love how it feels more like a crotch rocket in the sitting position now and it just falls SO nice into the turns! I honestly love it and am sure glad I stuck with it. Here are some pics. I will hopefully get better ones soon but I am snowboarding this weekend, and that, my friends, is my top priority. Anyway, let me know what you think!!

Oh and by the way, there had to be some cutting of the plastics but was done perfectly! Doesn't hit the tank or anything for that matter. Was lowered as low as they could go. Enjoi.

Attachments

Last edited:

JonKerr

Elite Member

Heineken

Elite Member

Detrich

Nice! Do u have any wide angle shots? What part of the plastics did u have to cut?

DakinechicK

The forks were lowered I think just a quarter inch to match the back which I had lowered when I purchased the bike so I could touch the ground.

The excess black plastic under the handlebars is what had to be cut off so the bars could turn all the way without hitting. They were apparently hitting on the inside when doing sharp turns. Rode for about 2 hours today with no problems at all.

As far as it not being comfortable....ahh, I wouldn't go that far. BUT the handlebars were just a little high for me and I really had to lean to get a good turn. Now it's just a little easier for me to maneuver I guess. And, the added bonus of having a more leaned over/crotch rocket feeling is perfect for me since I got DENIED on the Ducati I wanted!

Better pictures on Monday. Sorry, I'm out of town.

bigguybbr

...since I got DENIED on the Ducati I wanted!
Is this why you were denied?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro_LMuIs3Ek]YouTube - The Human Torch[/ame]

Are you the human torch?

cavcuz05

So you have them under the triple clamp AND you have the forks lowered? And they don't hit the tank when turned at full lock? That's great. Now that's just another thing I can add to the list of things I can't afford right now. lol.
i feel ya...i had to cancel my order due to taxes:(...but i will def get them in a few months

bjs045

Finally done! Sorry it took so long. I guess I was the guinea pig here, so have a look. I think my buddies did a good job! Love how it feels more like a crotch rocket in the sitting position now and it just falls SO nice into the turns! I honestly love it and am sure glad I stuck with it. Here are some pics. I will hopefully get better ones soon but I am snowboarding this weekend, and that, my friends, is my top priority. Anyway, let me know what you think!!

Oh and by the way, there had to be some cutting of the plastics but was done perfectly! Doesn't hit the tank or anything for that matter. Was lowered as low as they could go. Enjoi.
Mahalo! It looks as awesome as I thought it would. Good to hear leaning is more responsive too.

Sorry you had to be the guinea pig! I was well into my Lemon Lawsuit when I first saw the apex bars. I wasn't going to spend that much cash on something I maybe giving back. =P

Question: Is the riser adjustment fully extended? If not, how many inches can it still be raised?

Just trying to get a better mental picture. Easy adjustments between touring and canyons. If there is a lot of rise left, man this really expands the bikes capabilities as the "all arounder".

DakinechicK

Question: Is the riser adjustment fully extended? If not, how many inches can it still be raised?
No, not fully extended. They are adjusted as low as they can go without hitting the tank or plastics. I would say they can be adjusted quite a bit more... up a few inches.
Hope this helps.

bigguybbr

Fiancee said no. The next bike purchase is his. We take turns in our bike/car purchases LoL. :rolleyes:
Is that the deal!?!?! Sweet! Her car is newer (06' 350z vs my 01 Exploder) and she bought 2 bikes since I got mine (S40 and then later a Sportster 1200c), so by the very same logic, I get the next car and bike!

porky45

Is that the deal!?!?! Sweet! Her car is newer (06' 350z vs my 01 Exploder) and she bought 2 bikes since I got mine (S40 and then later a Sportster 1200c), so by the very same logic, I get the next car and bike!
sounds like you got yourself a sugamomma!

iSpoolin

Thats not bad! Now that I know they'll fit i'll be getting these very soon :)

NoDoze

Are you the human torch?
Thanks for that, couldn't stop laughing. hahaha :D

Thanks to Dakinechick (and friends) for finally getting the clip-ons installed. Now we can all breathe a sigh of relief and order ours! :D I am a little against cutting the plastic though, so I'll probably install it above the triple but have to lower it a little more than what I all ready have.

6R Blackout

Thanks Dak, It looks really good and I know I will be doing this mod as soon as my order comes in. Awsome I think that will be the last thing to complete my master piece. Thanks for being the first to take on the challenge. Now we all can follow. Well Dak thanks again, and Safe riding girl.:steve::wav::Sport:

DakinechicK

Here are some better pictures with a better camera. I have a lot more new pics so if you are interested in more detailed pics, please message me.

Attachments

Last edited: