Clip ons under the triple? Why yes... this way

Chubz

Just made a purchase on a set of these, cant wait till there here!! thanx for the post!!!!

ajiribarren

What about convertibars? Apparently they're back in business

bakkenlab

How hard was the installation would you say? Like how long did it take you guys and was it a big PITA?

what part of colorado are you from?!?! got to love how there extending abasin till june 19

DakinechicK

How hard was the installation would you say? Like how long did it take you guys and was it a big PITA?

what part of colorado are you from?!?! got to love how there extending abasin till june 19
Installation is not hard, just time consuming. Took about 3-4 hrs. Pain? Uh, for those who like to gripe, then yes. For those who like a challenge or to upgrade their bike, then no.

I live down in Parker and we also have a place in Steamboat which is a fun ride in the summer. Where abouts are you??

bakkenlab

Installation is not hard, just time consuming. Took about 3-4 hrs. Pain? Uh, for those who like to gripe, then yes. For those who like a challenge or to upgrade their bike, then no.

I live down in Parker and we also have a place in Steamboat which is a fun ride in the summer. Where abouts are you??
Good to know, ill have to buy a pair once i get the funding!

O nice, i have a couple friends that live down there, always loved riding through that town. And whens the best time to ride steamboat? I want to do a lot of mountain riding this summer (leadville, Vail, aspen, breck) and want to know when there isn't so much gravel up there for prime cornering, i was thinking mid june would be good, but you know how Colorado loves doing all 4 seasons in one day lol. And i am currently in Fort Collins still doing the good ole summer school :banghead:

ministicker

I just purchased a pair of Apex adjustable riser clip on's 41mm from sportbike track gear and they came in today. I started installing them but it appears that they do no go high enough to clear the inner fairing / cowling. I was looking at your pictures and the clip on's that I got look different from the ones in your pictures. I'm now wondering if I ordered the wrong model. I'll take some pictures in the morning and post them up for you guys to see. I'm thinking at this point that I'm going to try to lower the triple tree cover and try to mount the clip on's on top of the cover to get more clearance. Not sure if that will work but I will keep you posted with my progress. The item number on my invoice from STG is AX 01.10.01.41 just in case anyone else ordered these.

ministicker

I just purchased a pair of Apex adjustable riser clip on's 41mm from sportbike track gear and they came in today. I started installing them but it appears that they do no go high enough to clear the inner fairing / cowling. I was looking at your pictures and the clip on's that I got look different from the ones in your pictures. I'm now wondering if I ordered the wrong model. I'll take some pictures in the morning and post them up for you guys to see. I'm thinking at this point that I'm going to try to lower the triple tree cover and try to mount the clip on's on top of the cover to get more clearance. Not sure if that will work but I will keep you posted with my progress. The item number on my invoice from STG is AX 01.10.01.41 just in case anyone else ordered these.
Looks like there are two different models, a 3" and a 4"... I got the 3".. joy.. not sure if this was mentioned somewhere in another thread.. but anyway.. gotta see if I can get the 3" one replaced with a 4" now...

DakinechicK

A couple of other people have them mounted on top of the triple, so that will work. Also, please keep in mind that my inner fairings/plastics were cut so the clipons would fit under the triple.

breakindn248

can u show a picture of where u had to cut the plastics to get to the bars to fit

also did u buy the 3" or the 4" risers

Last edited:

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Chucker

can u show a picture of where u had to cut the plastics to get to the bars to fit

also did u buy the 3" or the 4" risers
If you're really interested, there's a dealer in Colorado that will be selling the identical bike soon, after some slightly damaged parts are replaced.

DakinechicK

I just outlined the cut in red. Hope this helps. If not, I guess I don't understand what you are asking.

Chucker

They did do a good job of cutting! I didn't even notice when looking at your first pics. Hopefully, whomever buys it will appreciate what you did.

Shoei_Rider25

What brand did you go with for the clipons themselves and where did you find them? This is EXACTLY what I'm trying to do to my bike right now and I keep getting mixed answers about whether the clip ons can be added or not... Apparently they can... Btw, your bike looks amazing!

DakinechicK

They are apex clipons 41mm. And thank you for the compliment, though I no longer own this bike. Some a$$ wipe hit me from behind last wednesday so I did what any reasonable girl would do and traded it. :p

He was a great bike after all the mods I did to it. I hope whoever owns it in the future will take care of him and think the mods are super fantastic. :D

ministicker

I ended up keeping the 3" apex clip ons and mounting them above the triple tree. Here are some pics for those of you considering it. No cutting of the fairings either. The front end is lowered as a result of this mod. This made a world of difference for me. It doesn't feel like I'm riding a harley anymore, no offense to anyone who does ride a harley.

Attachments

DenverGuy89

I ended up keeping the 3" apex clip ons and mounting them above the triple tree. Here are some pics for those of you considering it. No cutting of the fairings either. The front end is lowered as a result of this mod. This made a world of difference for me. It doesn't feel like I'm riding a harley anymore, no offense to anyone who does ride a harley.

3". 41mm? What was the length of installation and difficulty level? Also, where did you get them from?! Thanks!!