Check Ride

ylwf3vr

Going on a mandatory check ride today around the island of Ohau.. I'll have my GoPro with me and hopefully I'll get some good footage. Stay tuned!

ylwf3vr

What's a mandatory check ride?

Oh, and take your rain gear. :D
LOL I thought of packing it..

So in the military (since safety is always FIRST lol).. we have to do a check ride every few months to make sure everyone is aware of the military regulation on motorcycle and also to make sure everyone is confident in their riding capability..

I take it as a get out of work and ride day

latony007

LOL I thought of packing it..

So in the military (since safety is always FIRST lol).. we have to do a check ride every few months to make sure everyone is aware of the military regulation on motorcycle and also to make sure everyone is confident in their riding capability..

I take it as a get out of work and ride day
how weird is that, what is "military regulation" on a motorcycle that's different and if you don't ride a bike nothing? This in lieu of getting a regular state drivers license or something?

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Muddog7998

I'm assuming he's talking about adhering to community of standards and also for checking to see if you're riding correctly. Community of standards can be anything from wearing a certain color reflective vest, headlights on at all times, no horns in certain areas, etc.

Muddog7998

Stupid Tapatalk... Cutting off my messages....

Military regulation for motorcycles is we are required to at least wear semi protective gear. Helmet, full fingered gloves, over ankle shoes /boots, long sleeve shirt at a minimum, and pants. Daytime riding requires bright clothing, nighttime requires reflective materials.

ArmyFZ6R

if you are in the armed forces is required that you do a check ride at least twice during a normal riding season also take safety classes, that will include traffic state laws and proper gear. The regulation also says that the Basic MSF course is mandatory before any soldier can ride their bike, while the experience course is mandatory every 3 years. Every course is free for soldiers and available on every military post.
:D

ylwf3vr

Yep all the above are correct! We need full gloves, DOT helmet (no sticker), ankled boots, long sleeves, all the required courses.

No special license.. If you violate the regulation and crash your medical is not covered.

Not much different than most states but in Hawaii where the outside rules are so laxed, we need to reinforce the rules to everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

latony007

Yep all the above are correct! We need full gloves, DOT helmet (no sticker), ankled boots, long sleeves, all the required courses.

No special license.. If you violate the regulation and crash your medical is not covered.

Not much different than most states but in Hawaii where the outside rules are so laxed, we need to reinforce the rules to everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah ha, its because of the medical insurance! Makes sense. Proper gear is a great thing to promote anyway. Not to mention the two free days of riding a year! Maybe one day we can have bike force fields that would be cool lol

Ricenoodle

Agreed. I run the motorcycle program at my command and with so many tourists and squids out here in Hawaii not wearing gear because of hot weather and going for the "beach" look, our guys get caught up in it too. We do command rides once every month. Day off for riding.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

ylwf3vr

ylwf3vr

latony007

WTF time do you go to work? camera sounded great especially at speed. Where is the mic? Trying to figure out where you were. You on the westside heading into the city? Need one during the day :)

ylwf3vr

WTF time do you go to work? camera sounded great especially at speed. Where is the mic? Trying to figure out where you were. You on the westside heading into the city? Need one during the day :)
That's at 5 am lol that one didn't have a mic.. Just used the internal mic since it was inside of the helmet. That is the western side yep but not going into city just north to the base

latony007

That's at 5 am lol that one didn't have a mic.. Just used the internal mic since it was inside of the helmet. That is the western side yep but not going into city just north to the base
wow that is dark as dark gets, I thought it was like 1am lol. What base are you stationed at? there Is only about 20 of them on that 20 square mile island :)

ylwf3vr

Schofield Barracks... boo