Bobski's windscreen comparisons

Nmexico

I just put the ZG double bubble on. It is excellent. At 169cm it helps knock out the sometimes awful turbulence from the stock screen. The air coming to me seems so much more smoother and flows to the side instead of right at my chest now. I got the smoke and wish I had gotten the dark for a more mean look.

jammer

My ZG double bubble is sitting in a box waiting for me to get my bike out of storage. Serious riding withdrawal from a crappy winter. :mad:

AdamDee

Just installed the Puig Touring windscreen on my 09 FZ6R.

Took some measurements, photos, & made some comparisons between the stock screen & the Puig Touring.

Check it out here: https://youtu.be/1bpM21hoZNI

It is the light smoke screen.

Cheers!

Adam

Oddbob17

Just an idea

As the FZ6R has different names in other countries, searching ebay using European names may come up with (will come up with) a few more choices of screen. In the Uk it's called the XJ6, XJ6 S, XJ600F and Diversion.

Here's one I picked at random, I can't verify how effective it is and have no connection with the supplier, though I have used their products on previous bikes I've owned;

Yamaha XJ6 Diversion 09-14 Dark Smoke Double Bubble Screen Powerbronze | eBay

and here;

YAMAHA XJ-6 F DIVERSION 600 2010 PUIG WINDSCREEN DARK SMOKE RACING SCREEN | eBay

I'm getting my bike delivered tomorrow, downsizing from a Honda CBF 1000, so have yet to try any screen options, my CBF has an MRA screen, which I think is also available for the Yamaha.

BluePill

Recently installed the Puig Touring on my Fizzer. I am 6'2". Observations:

The wind hits me just at the bottom of my full face helmet shield. Air flow is better than the stock shield above about 65 MPH, but not much improvement below that speed. Very nice at 80-90 MPH.

CST.Castro

Maybe I missed it.. u bought mg fz6r naked. I would like a windscreen is this possible?20180522_185239~2.jpg20180519_171955~2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

b00g13

I purchased the zero gravity touring windscreen for my 2012 fz6r.
I'm 6.4 (192cm) and it helps a little bit. It still hits my helmet but i'm experiencing less turbulence.
One thing i did not like about the windscreen is that they put this stupid zero gravity sticker on the bottom and it does not come off well, at all..

Just_Jim

I purchased the zero gravity touring windscreen for my 2012 fz6r.
I'm 6.4 (192cm) and it helps a little bit. It still hits my helmet but i'm experiencing less turbulence.
One thing i did not like about the windscreen is that they put this stupid zero gravity sticker on the bottom and it does not come off well, at all..
Try a blow dryer and some WD-40 to remove the sticker. It should get it all off without much effort.

cloviszx9r

I've found the most useful windscreen information has been from a rider who has personally tried several and can provide direct comparisons. I've now used the original screen, the Yamaha Double Bubble, and Puig Touring so here are my summary thoughts. Hope this is helpful for riders seeking solutions for wind buffeting issues. Qualifier: I am 5'9" and ride in an upright position all the time (virtually never tuck).
1) original screen, if you're still using it I recommend you do yourself a BIG favor and get an upgrade, or just remove it or cut it down, it 'creates' significant air turbulence even at slow speeds, seriously!
2) Yamaha Double Bubble (Puig Racing screen probably falls in this category as well although I haven't personally tried it), significantly smoother air flow at low speeds and acceptable up to about 60mph/100kph.
3) Puig Touring, excellent at low speeds and VERY good at sustained higher speeds up to 80mph/130kph (I don't rider faster than that), I can feel air movement around my shoulders and chest but no actual pressure or turbulence and it's like my helmet is sitting in a pocket of very still smooth air with very little pressure even when turning my head for shoulder checks (was very surprising when I first felt it).
I will be leaving the Puig Touring on the bike unless it just feels like it's blocking too much air in the hot summer days, then I'll go to the Double Bubble or go Naked (only takes 5 min. to switch windscreens). Lots of other windscreen threads on here . . but I hope this consolidated summary helps someone :)
Excellent review ....... just what i was looking for ! Many thanks.

Zoso

I've got a Puig Touring version. I'm 6'2", 34" inseam. It protects well but makes a helluva racket around my helmet. No buffeting, just loud.

I'm going to cut it WAY down. I've been riding around with NO screen and it's clean air. Body protected by fairing, just clean air up top. Nice.

So basically it is just an aesthetic move now; will cut it down to 5-7 inches tall.

Anybody else out there toss the screen or cut it down? Like to hear those voices.

Excellent review ....... just what i was looking for ! Many thanks.
I

Jerzee55

I've got a Puig Touring version. I'm 6'2", 34" inseam. It protects well but makes a helluva racket around my helmet. No buffeting, just loud.

I'm going to cut it WAY down. I've been riding around with NO screen and it's clean air. Body protected by fairing, just clean air up top. Nice.

So basically it is just an aesthetic move now; will cut it down to 5-7 inches tall.

Anybody else out there toss the screen or cut it down? Like to hear those voices.

I
Bike had a sport style windscreen, and I replaced with Puig Touring. Reduced fatigue, comfortable and quiet at 90, perfect cruising at 70+. No buffeting of my helmet, nor additional wind noise. I'm 5'10" 31" inseam... Might be easier to simply get a shorter windscreen and sell the Puig Touring?

Bikeboiii

I
How do you cut it bro ??

Jerzee55

Rather than cut yours down, look at zero gravity, as they have a range of windscreens for the FZ6R, (many on E-bay, or elsewhere). Find one that is shorter, bolt it on. It will be cleaner than a cut down screen... unless you have a buffer wheel to smooth the cut edge, which will be rough, and pretty sharp, unless you file, sand and smooth it out after cutting... :)) Good luck, whatever you decided to do.

Bikeboiii

Have you seen the zero gravity they seem kind of y’all any way you could send me a link to a short sport one brotha

Sonnyc

I got the puig touring screen and I have the same issue., don’t like it at all. If you tuck behind it it just makes buffeting 10xworse than stock. I switch back to stock immediately. I just cut mine down however never tried it yet. Once the snow is gone I’ll give it a try again . It’s a nice looking screen and easy to cut. Just taped it up, cut it with a jig, filed the edge down. I just used 600grit and then polished it.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Amicas

I've found the most useful windscreen information has been from a rider who has personally tried several and can provide direct comparisons. I've now used the original screen, the Yamaha Double Bubble, and Puig Touring so here are my summary thoughts. Hope this is helpful for riders seeking solutions for wind buffeting issues. Qualifier: I am 5'9" and ride in an upright position all the time (virtually never tuck).
1) original screen, if you're still using it I recommend you do yourself a BIG favor and get an upgrade, or just remove it or cut it down, it 'creates' significant air turbulence even at slow speeds, seriously!
2) Yamaha Double Bubble (Puig Racing screen probably falls in this category as well although I haven't personally tried it), significantly smoother air flow at low speeds and acceptable up to about 60mph/100kph.
3) Puig Touring, excellent at low speeds and VERY good at sustained higher speeds up to 80mph/130kph (I don't rider faster than that), I can feel air movement around my shoulders and chest but no actual pressure or turbulence and it's like my helmet is sitting in a pocket of very still smooth air with very little pressure even when turning my head for shoulder checks (was very surprising when I first felt it).
I will be leaving the Puig Touring on the bike unless it just feels like it's blocking too much air in the hot summer days, then I'll go to the Double Bubble or go Naked (only takes 5 min. to switch windscreens). Lots of other windscreen threads on here . . but I hope this consolidated summary helps someone :)
:)