Been a while...

DubiousDrummer

Hey all,

If you didn't already know, I recently moved to Italy. Thanks to Italian law, I can't ride until I turn 21 (which will be October 2nd).

When I shipped my FZ6R, I had to take out the stock battery and gave it to a friend.

Any suggestions you guys might have for good aftermarket batteries?

Also, what should I be worried about when starting her back up after a 10 month dry spell? I've never had to winterize her, so I don't know what all it will take to get back up and running.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

DubiousDrummer

Thanks for the help, guys.

To answer your question, dart, I can't ride at all. You need to have your driver's license to get on the track and I can't get it until I'm 21. But it's only 2 months away. I'm counting down the days...
Also, there are some tracks not too far away. I mean, I am in the mother land of Ducati. Definitely going to hit those as often as I can afford.

I'm really missing the states. Can't wait to get back. I'll be sure to represent the FZ6R as well as I can while I'm out here.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

DubiousDrummer

Did you either put a fuel stabilizer in the tank or atleast fill it up with non-ox before shipping?

Non Ox stays good a while longer than the E10 garbage.
I actually emptied the tank down as much as I could. Down to just a few drops. They wouldn't let me ship it with any gas in it, so I'll have to get a can of gas before I can start her up.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

latony007

awesome

Italy is awesome, you are going to have a great time. Not to mention you can train to any city in Europe for a 100 bucks and 5 hours. That's lame about being 21, that just for motorcycle? I rented a car when I was there but I was over 21 so it never came up. Be very careful riding your bike. I noticed when I was there that the scooters are so popular because of gas costs and parking spaces but it also seemed as though they were completely on their own. If they got hit it was there fault, and they were zipping in and out like crazy, makes California lane splitting seem safe :)

You have an opportunity a lot of people don't get, try and make the most of it.

Muddog7998

I'm in the same boat as you op! Where at in Italy are ya? I'm up in Aviano and I'm turning 21 on Oct 8.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4