Bar End Mirrors?

CrystalPistol

Hello out there!

I am looking for a bar end mirror for my 2011 FZ6R. I ordered a set that plugs into the end of the handlebars, but the plug doesn't fit due to the threading inside the handlebars. I am having trouble finding plugs that will screw into the end of the bars. Are the clamp on options my only option? Or does anyone have any ideas where to look for such items?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!

CP

Qualudes

Hey CrystalPistol. You're going to need a Billet Internal Adapter in order to make that work. I bought the CRG Arrow bar end's off of Revzilla a few months ago. Be careful on the throttle side. It took me about an hour to get it spaced perfectly so that it wouldn't interfere with the throttle's operation. If you need any tips or pictures of the finished product I can help you out.

davet7469

I swapped out my handlebars so there are no threads on them, if you also were looking into that, thats an option.

fazer1

The CRG mirrors work perfectly, you'll need to slide your grips in maybe 1/2 inch max to give them room to bolt onto the end of a 7/8" handlebar. However, you can get the bar-end inserts which will protrude a bit from your bars and give the CRG's something to clip to. I installed these on my fz6r and love them.

fz6rowner

bar end mirror compatibility

Before spending big bucks on CRG mirrors, I would like to try out cheaper bar end mirrors and see if I would like them at all. On my used 2013 FZ6R, I am not sure what I have on the handle bar ends. See attached picture. Are these bar end weights?

Can I install these $14 mirrors from ebay? Do I need to buy any adapter to add them to existing ends? If I have to remove those existing bar ends, will their absence cause handle bar vibrations as eluded in other posts?

7 8" Aluminum Rear View Side Mirror Handle Bar End Oval Black for Motorcycle | eBay

Attachments