Bad taste-motorcycle super store

CrazyCawi

Now let me start off by saying I have always had a great experience when dealing with these guys until now.

I wanted to purchase this jacket

Well motorcycle superstore has is on sale for $189.99, but sportbike trackgear.com has the same jacket on sale for $171.99. Thats $18...Now I went to the motogp last week and the motorcyclesuperstore booth had these banners and coupons they were giving out and they gave me a $20 coupon. I asked the rep if they honored price matches with the coupon and he said yes, we match and beat any price out there for the same product, and this promotion can still be used as its our motoGP special.

So of course I naturally go home, send in the price check information to the store and this is what I recieved for a response:

Joshua

That Is a closeout item and does not qualify for a price match unfortunately. the item has to be a regular sale item for it to qualify

Thank you

Tyler Forbes | CS Representative |Motorcycle USA, LLC | Motorcycle Superstore, Inc.
1555 E McAndrews Rd Ste 200 | Medford, OR 97504
Office: 877-668-6872 | Fax 541-227-0046
[email protected]
Website: | Motorcycle News and Motorcycles - Motorcycle USA Motorcycle Superstore - Motorcycle Accessories and Motorcycle Gear
WHich I then gently responded with the following:

So over $20 you guys would rather pass on a sale and send me to another company to see how well they do business over you guys, a company in which I buy everything from?....I am shocked. I was just at the motogp and your guys advertised "we beat any price online"....but I guess not.

Sent from my iPhone
Which I then got this response which I thought was great, and semi scripted:

Josh

I asked my supervisor and since it’s the last one we have in that color and size we can I was just following policy but you can call in and we will match the 171.99 price. The price matches need to be places over the phone with a rep or if you place it online and send me the order number and ill credit you

Thank you

Tyler Forbes | CS Representative |Motorcycle USA, LLC | Motorcycle Superstore, Inc.
1555 E McAndrews Rd Ste 200 | Medford, OR 97504
Now here is where I am getting pissed off...I placed the order last night. I upgraded from ground shipping to two day which I paid an additional $10 for....

I get an email this morning saying my estimated date of product arrival is 9/6/11 but my product is already ready to ship? So shouldnt that get here saturday if I am paying second day air?

Joshua,

Looking at your order 2076827 the price of the item is 169.99 we are not able to price match since you have applied a coupon to the order and the price match was for 171.99. We cannot price match and item that has a coupon applied to the order.

The item you ordered is also ready to ship.

Sincerely,

Maria Rodriguez | Customer Service Representative | Motorcycle Superstore, Inc.
Which is bullshit because the $20 should come off the 171.99!!!

then to top it off I get this second email:

Joshua,

The eta for the item to arrive to you is 09/06 since we are closed Monday and so is Ups. When we ship the item out that is when we would apply the two day upgrade.

Sincerely,
Didnt she just tell me its ready to ship? Wtf....Now before doing this deal I checked with sportbiketrackgear.com to see if they would honor the coupon from MC super store to earn my business and they said yes when I called in and I told them great ill call back in a bit and place the order. which I didnt and now I wish I had.

That is NOT what was discussed sportbike track gear was going to honor YOUR coupon and sell it to me at their price and I gave u guys a chance to match it and keep my business and now that the order is placed you change your mind? That's not right at all I cannot believe it!!!!!!!! I need to speak with a supervisor or something. This is bs! Not to mention ground shipping was the same ship date so refund me on that.. Why haven't you responded to my price match email?

Sent from my iPhone
then I recieve this as a response:

Joshua,

The price match was approved to price match the item to 171.99 which included Free Ground Shipping.

Now that you have added the coupon the item price is now 169.99 which is below the approved price match of 171.99 Per our price match policy you cannot have a promotion and a price match on the same order.

When you placed the order you selected the two day upgrade shipping for $9.99, this is separate from the price match that was approved.

Since you decided to upgrade shipping to the two day for $9.99 that charge was added to the total. The current total of 179.98 is the correct price.

Sincerely,

Does this lady not understand the shipping shit going on? Why would I pay $10 for shipping to have it guaranteed delivered on the same day ground was guaranteed? By this point im incredibly livid on the run around im being given, and hey if I am in the wrong place tell me....But I asked the questions and they arent backing what they said they would.

Joshua Engelby to Maria
show details 9:17 AM (19 minutes ago)
Okay so your basically saying you dont understand what I am saying.

Maria Im sorry your going to get the brunt of this but I was SPECIFICALLY QUOTED BY ONE OF YOUR fellow employee's that they would price match the PRODUCT down to 171.99, which included free ground shipping. SO from that price match I can apply the discount I was given AT THE MOTOGP from YOUR STORE which THEY SAID I COULD DO WHEN I WAS THERE! So I verified it by YOUR EMPLOYEE BEFORE making the purchase. Sportbiketrackgear.com would have sold it to me for the 171.99 and taken an additional $20 off because I had your guy's coupon in order to earn my business, but because I buy all my stuff through you guys I gave you guys an opportunity to match it.

so Let me quote your employee again:

"Josh

I asked my supervisor and since it’s the last one we have in that color and size we can I was just following policy but you can call in and we will match the 171.99 price

Thank you"

Which is a direct quote from Tyler Forbes | CS Representative |Motorcycle USA, LLC | Motorcycle Superstore, Inc.

Not anywhere in the email does he say I cant add any coupons or promotions, he specifically says they will price match due to the special circumstances.

Now my other gripe is why the HELL would you guys charge 9.99 for upgraded shipping from ground to two day....but it still get there the same day ground quotes it? What kind of stupid deal is that? Thats why I asked for my money back on this the shipping. Im about ready to call into your store and tell em to give me all my money back and refund the order and Ill never give you guys my business again. I belong to a very large and reputable motorcycling forum as an moderator and you guys will be receiving a very harsh review unless you correct and rectify this situation. I suggest instead of reading your policy hand book while writing me back, that you supersede that thought and get one of your supervisors to handle this situation because you guys took advantage and screwed me not only on the price match stuff but now on this shipping! I am absolutely furious right now. I expect a prompt reply.

Now I am awaiting a reply....well see what happens but as of right now I will never give them my business again. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Last edited:

DragonBlu

CC,I have to hire an attorney to sort this thing out. I'll get back to you.:D

yellowFZ6r

CC, Let me start by saying, I hate Motorcycle Superstore!! Their customer service reps are rude and inconsiderate, and they're are NEVER truthful about their deals. I had to jump through hoops to have my TBR Exhaust system returned and re-sent all because they sent me the wrong one. When I called about it they made me feel like I was the one to blame, ridiculous! I'll never give them business again myself! Hope it all works out for you, by the way, I hope you get that jacket (its sick)!!!

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Damn, bro! That sucks. I have never had any trouble with Motorcylce Superstore. I truly hope you get the issue resolved.

BTW, I do most of my business with Motorcycle Gear (formerly NewEnough), and the guys there are phenomenal! Their CS reps are extremely helpful and honest.

raven6

I myself have never had a problem with them... but like anything else if you don't like the price shop around and buy from the cheapest source... If STG had the jacket in stock and was already cheaper, and would apply the coupon, I would have bought from them to start with...

"I belong to a very large and reputable motorcycling forum as an moderator and you guys will be receiving a very harsh review unless you correct and rectify this situation."

using this is as ammo is just being an ass... if I don't get my way I'm going to bad mouth you on the internet...??? just cancel your order and buy it some place else, problem solved..

not to mention, thats one f'ugly looking jacket... :D

CrazyCawi

I myself have never had a problem with them... but like anything else if you don't like the price shop around and buy from the cheapest source... If STG had the jacket in stock and was already cheaper, and would apply the coupon, I would have bought from them to start with...

"I belong to a very large and reputable motorcycling forum as an moderator and you guys will be receiving a very harsh review unless you correct and rectify this situation."

using this is as ammo is just being an ass... if I don't get my way I'm going to bad mouth you on the internet...??? just cancel your order and buy it some place else, problem solved..

Well they already showed they dont care about a single customer so I brought it to their attention others would be made aware. Its just like word of mouth if you go to buy a vehicle somewhere and you have a bad experience you tell everyone so you cant tell me im being an ass there. As for the jacket, to each their own you have your opinion just as I have mine. Mine states it will match my new helmet and go along with the bike and make me more visible. But hey I guess I can noob out and get all black too right? I like being individual.

Chucker

Now that was just mean.

But I agree with everything else you said. If I didn't do business with any company I'd heard something bad about, I'd be sitting here naked, typing on a rock. Besides that, patronage is overrated. I allow anyone to steal my business if they'll make the right deal. At the end of the day, companies only think about their profits and sustainability.

CrazyCawi

Damn, bro! That sucks. I have never had any trouble with Motorcylce Superstore. I truly hope you get the issue resolved.

BTW, I do most of my business with Motorcycle Gear (formerly NewEnough), and the guys there are phenomenal! Their CS reps are extremely helpful and honest.
Thank you Ill check them out as we speak

Ryan85

I hadn't had a problem with Motorcycle Superstore until my last order, but there were problems with the shipping on my order too.

The estimated shipping was 7-10 days, but the upgrade to 2-day shipping was only $3.99, so I decided to go ahead and get it.

I should have had my order no later than Friday (probably Thursday, but I gave them the benefit of the doubt), but I got it the next Tuesday instead.

I sent them an e-mail trying to get a refund for the extra shipping I paid for, but I didn't even get a response. I know I should probably call them, but to not even get a response from them told me a lot about their customer service.

I'll probably order elsewhere from now on.

BTW, I like the jacket lol.

Sage

Mine states it will match my new helmet and go along with the bike and make me more visible. I like being individual.
Make everything, even the bike Hi-viz imho ;)

I've never dealt with this company, but I've always had great experiences with MotorcycleGear and SportbikeTrackGear

ajskillz13

Josh... I had a not so good experience with them too. It was resolved, but after I sent a return back, they didn't refund my credit card until 2 weeks later when I called about it. She did it right there on the spot, but it was apparently too hard for someone to do previously.

I think they're generally good over there, but they have some issues with the efficiency of their customer service.

I'm a big RevZilla fan now... when their stuff is on sale.

raven6

As for the jacket, to each their own you have your opinion just as I have mine. Mine states it will match my new helmet and go along with the bike and make me more visible. But hey I guess I can noob out and get all black too right? I like being individual.
don't get all ass hurt dude, it was a joke... I guess in your rage over not getting your way with Moto-Superstore you didn't see the big grin...??

As for "word of mouth", that comes after you are not able to resolve your issues with a company... you're using your statement to spread the word as a threat to get your way... if it's thier policy to not combine coupons with price matches then so be it... like I said if you don't like the price move on..

hell in the time it's taken you to get on the web and cry you could have already ordered it from STG and be sitting, waiting for it to show up... :rolleyes:

CrazyCawi

*I dont like the price and told them if they wont do what they promised I want full refund. Still havent heard back....

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

don't get all ass hurt dude, it was a joke... I guess in your rage over not getting your way with Moto-Superstore you didn't see the big grin...??

As for "word of mouth", that comes after you are not able to resolve your issues with a company... you're using your statement to spread the word as a threat to get your way... if it's thier policy to not combine coupons with price matches then so be it... like I said if you don't like the price move on..

hell in the time it's taken you to get on the web and cry you could have already ordered it from STG and be sitting, waiting for it to show up... :rolleyes:
mmmm rage :drool:

lwclancers

Never had any issues with MS either, although their shipping estimates have always been a joke IMHO.

That said Ive had great experiences with MotorcycleGear and SportbikeTrackGear as well.

CC, I got the same jakcet...twice (in Red). I had to get a new size this year cause I lost weight haha :) I also got it at the $189 sale price back in May. Be forwarned its a great heavy leather jacket...just takes quite a bit of time to break it in!

Also, I wouldnt get so much up in a bunch since it states their policy clearly on their price match homepage...even is a CS rep said otherwise, it goes against their printed policy:

Lowest Price Guarantee - Motorcycle Superstore

"THE FOLLOWING EXCLUSIONS APPLY

Closeout / Clearance / Backordered Items
Blemished Items / Demo Models / Factory Seconds
Free with Purchase Items
Free Shipping Offers
Competitor Coupons
Verbal / Emailed Quotes
Auction Websites - such as eBay
Orders placed through Amazon.com
Price Matching cannot be combined with any other offers, promotions or discounts.
Motorcycle Superstore reserves the right to approve or deny price match requests at its discretion.
Lowest Price Guarantee may be modified or discontinued at any time without notice."

CrazyCawi

Never had any issues with MS either, although their shipping estimates have always been a joke IMHO.

That said Ive had great experiences with MotorcycleGear and SportbikeTrackGear as well.

CC, I got the same jakcet...twice (in Red). I had to get a new size this year cause I lost weight haha :) I also got it at the $189 sale price back in May. Be forwarned its a great heavy leather jacket...just takes quite a bit of time to break it in!

Also, I wouldnt get so much up in a bunch since it states their policy clearly on their price match homepage...even is a CS rep said otherwise, it goes against their printed policy:

Lowest Price Guarantee - Motorcycle Superstore

"THE FOLLOWING EXCLUSIONS APPLY

Closeout / Clearance / Backordered Items
Blemished Items / Demo Models / Factory Seconds
Free with Purchase Items
Free Shipping Offers
Competitor Coupons
Verbal / Emailed Quotes
Auction Websites - such as eBay
Orders placed through Amazon.com
Price Matching cannot be combined with any other offers, promotions or discounts.
Motorcycle Superstore reserves the right to approve or deny price match requests at its discretion.
Lowest Price Guarantee may be modified or discontinued at any time without notice."
Thanks for the info on the jacket :)

And the rep hung up on me after telling me his managers probably won't call me back till Tuesday because they are busy and Monday is a holiday...and they won't refund my $10 for shipping as It apparently isn't there fault the shipping date wasn't any different. Wtf??? I gave up on the price match thing idc anymore I'm not a cheap ass I just wanted the deal I was told I'd get! Now I just want my shipping money back

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=44.774542,-93.316931
Sent from Joshua's android dominating iPhone using Tapatalk

Chucker

...and they won't refund my $10 for shipping as It apparently isn't there fault the shipping date wasn't any different. Wtf???
They're right CC. You requested that service and they gave it to you. When they ship with an expedited service before a long weekend, it's the carrier that's giggling. They get to charge the shipper and then move the freight through normal channels. You're actually paying for the guarantee, not the service.