A sad post - one less FZ6R on the street

Love Enigma

I bought my baby new off the showroom floor with 0 miles on her in ‘08. As of this past Wednesday morning she is now totaled thanks to some jackass clipping me on the freeway and then taking off.

1. best possible moto accident ever. Only thing I walked away with was shredded gear and some bone/muscle bruises. That’s it. ATGATT friends and invest in good quality stuff.

2. I was knocked off my baby and she slammed hard into the street and then another car. I haven’t seen her since the accident but there were a lot of pieces on the freeway. I was able to push her to the side and put her on the kickstand, though, but I don’t remember her condition…

She’ll be towed here eventually by insurance company, but fiancé said she was totaled.

Anyhow, I might be looking for another since I can work on them with my eyes closed now, but I wanted to share as there is one less on the blacktop rubber side down.

Ride safe, everyone.

Jerzee55

I bought my baby new off the showroom floor with 0 miles on her in ‘08. As of this past Wednesday morning she is now totaled thanks to some jackass clipping me on the freeway and then taking off.

1. best possible moto accident ever. Only thing I walked away with was shredded gear and some bone/muscle bruises. That’s it. ATGATT friends and invest in good quality stuff.

2. I was knocked off my baby and she slammed hard into the street and then another car. I haven’t seen her since the accident but there were a lot of pieces on the freeway. I was able to push her to the side and put her on the kickstand, though, but I don’t remember her condition…

She’ll be towed here eventually by insurance company, but fiancé said she was totaled.

Anyhow, I might be looking for another since I can work on them with my eyes closed now, but I wanted to share as there is one less on the blacktop rubber side down.

Ride safe, everyone.
Sorry for your loss, but thankful you walked away to tell the tale. My wife also limped away from the loss of her FZ6R, but broke both wrists, injured her leg and lost most of her spleen. Also wearing gear... You can always replace a bike, but body parts are tougher. You will find another bike, that has been loved and forgotten by another, and both of you will be happy again. Take care of yourself, heal the bruises, and start looking for another ride. All the very best to you,
Jerry

DannyByrd

Ride safe, everyone.
Glad that you're well, however, really sad about the loss.:(

MisterMyxlplyx

Ride safe, everyone.

Koolerb

Bikes can be replaced. Sound like you came away in pretty good shape considering. Glad you are still in one piece.

Love Enigma

Sorry for your loss, but thankful you walked away to tell the tale. My wife also limped away from the loss of her FZ6R, but broke both wrists, injured her leg and lost most of her spleen. Also wearing gear... You can always replace a bike, but body parts are tougher. You will find another bike, that has been loved and forgotten by another, and both of you will be happy again. Take care of yourself, heal the bruises, and start looking for another ride. All the very best to you,
Jerry
Holy hell! Freaking glad to hear she also got up. Hope she’s doing well!

That’s an excellent point, thanks Jerry. Turned out I fractured a wrist, but hot damn that’s nothing. Onto the next adventure!

Also, thanks everyone!!