2013 yamaha fz6r

motogp6r

what is yamaha thinking, how is the fz6r exhaust anything link the r6?

2013 Yamaha FZ6R Home, information

anyway, i havent seen any threads about the changes to the 2013 fz6r. ive noticed through pics and specs, only the tube frame was painted red on the white bike and gray on the blue. a new paint scheme. the white fender on the blue bike looks slick. besides the paint schemes the grab bar has changed for the worse"fugly". add changes you know of below.. thanks

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
The FZ has always had an exhaust that is close to the current R6. My 09 had the same type of big ass muffler box under the bike, but still with a slip on. Slip ons barely changed any sound on the R6 either.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Crpngdth

it appears that they went with a black rear spring instead of the red one on the white bike. i like they way my red spring sticks out a bit. not too sure about the red frame, something makes it look a bit off.

was thinking about doing some red "dip it" on some of my black pieces such as the chain guard and the black side fairing (the 2 triangle pieces just above the motor not sure exactly what they are called) as well as the grab bar and the faux intake. but now im not so sure if its gonna look right or not.

the stock colors of the black and white bike keeps growing on me by the day.

travisH3

I think they mean exhaust like the r6 as it exits under the bike versus mounted to the passenger peg or under the tail. Just my idea though.

cloudfire

I'm not sure what the last numbers on the rear tire means. The size looks the same but this is different:

2013 Rear tire:
160/60 ZR17M/C 73W

2009 Rear Tire:
160/60 ZR17M/C 69W

So whats the difference between the 73W and the 69W?

Also, I don't understand what y'all are talking about with the exhaust. It looks the same to me. What's different?

I will say that I really don't like the way they are going with the fairings. It looks like the pulled another "reddish copper" on the blue model. Look close and you'll see that the fairings are actually black with blue and white stickers, not blue with black and white stickers.

Of course, that's all cosmetic. Don't even get me started on the mirrors and turn signals. The bike is still a great bike and there's plenty of after market stuff to make it an excellent looking bike.

*Compared to a 2009 FZ6R because that's what I have*

Last edited:

ajskillz13

I like the new grab bar... I think it gives the bike a bit sportier appearance. However, I can't say the same for the red frame.

I did some mock-ups of painting my frame red a while ago and thought it'd be a great idea. After seeing an actual application on the white bike, I think it looks terrible. There just isn't enough visible frame and there aren't enough red accents to make it look right. Big time fail there, Yamaha. Oh well, it's not like there aren't enough 2011 and 2012 models still floating around if these new colors don't do well.

BKP

With practically non-existent changes since 2009, they're really incenting potential buyers to look at new pre-2013 models (read : price reduced). Not sure how that strategy works out for Yamaha.
Worked for me, though...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member