2009 FZ6R Street Fighter Conversion

yellowraptor

Hey, If this is still alive, I need some help. I just bought a FZ6r and I would love to do this conversion. The guy who owned the bike before me did some stupid things to the bike. He put on an led bar in the front and id like to start this conversion by undoing that and installing this setup rys has done. This is my first bike and im very new to this. So i might need very specific instructions.
Thank you!

yellowraptor

Oh yeah I am! :) thanks for replying. Id love it if you could post them. I just bought an FZ8 headlight, xj6n fairings and. I'm waiting to install them white I figure out the wiring for the front turn signals because the previous owner removed the flashers completely and just cut all the wires away for them.

yellowraptor

I never wired stuff in a bike and not entirely sure how it works.
Also, It looks like you used the same fairings I did except that I dont have the bottom pieces that go below the exhaust headers.

rys

Just an update, I no longer own the bike, but a forum member sent me a message to ask for the pics. I guess during one of the conversions/upgrades of the forum, the pics got erased.

I've gone ahead and re-uploaded the original photos in the thread and into the forum media gallery.

Thanks for all the kind comments and words through the years, they have been appreciated.

rys

The fairings bolted right up according to the shop. The only exception was fairing in the front near the bend in the exhaust didn't fit because the aftermarket pipes are slightly different. On a stock exhaust I would expect no modifications at all.

DannyByrd

Project completed.

Pictures available in the gallery:

[/URL]

Conversion:
All 2009 XJ6 Plastics
Belly Pan didn't fit correctly with the 2BR Exhaust, so it was trimmed to fit.
FZ8 Headlight
Original XJ6 Mirrors - If you do not have the stock brake perch, a Yamaha threaded right side 7/8" clamp is required.

Exhaust:
Two Brothers M2 Vale Black Series Exhaust
P1X Silencer
Driven Engine Block Off Plates

Brakes:
Accossato 19x18 Front Master Cylinder (with integrated reservoir and folding lever)
Accossato Folding Clutch Lever
Galfer Steel Braided Lines
Single Banjo Brake Pressure Switch

Lighting:
MotoDynamics Rear Integrated Taillight
Competition Werkes 23W Short Turn Signals (Same Front and Rear)
Targa Turn Signal Yamaha Adapters for front
Competition Werkes Fender Eliminator

Gearing:
Driven 520 +1 Lightened Front Sprocket (Front +1 is like having overdrive.)
Driven 520 Stock Lightened Rear Sprocket

Electronics:
Power Commander V

Security:
Scorpio I900R Alarm
Roadlok Integrated Front Disc Lock

Suspension:
Racetech Front Gold Valves
Racetech Front Springs .90kg
Racetech Rear Gold Valve
(Stock Rear Spring)

Frame:
FZ1 Handlebar
PUIG Frame Sliders
T-Rex Rear Spool Adapters

Work was all done by a local shop. XJ6 Conversion Parts were supplied by MOTOMATAKOS (Greece)
Looking fantastic :eek:

james rusev

I know this thread was a whole ago, but Im currently in the process of doing a fz6r to xj6n conversion and im stuck at the headlight bracket/stay. can't figure out where to order or find. Ive been trying to contact Matakos Motors, but I can't reach his website or email. can someone help me?

ernied3rd

I know this thread was a whole ago, but Im currently in the process of doing a fz6r to xj6n conversion and im stuck at the headlight bracket/stay. can't figure out where to order or find. Ive been trying to contact Matakos Motors, but I can't reach his website or email. can someone help me?
hey i just started looking into this and would like to talk to you and tips for how to do mine, because my fairings are beat up and i just don't like having to replace them or touch em up and overall like this conversion the best

james rusev

hey i just started looking into this and would like to talk to you and tips for how to do mine, because my fairings are beat up and i just don't like having to replace them or touch em up and overall like this conversion the best
So I did a few hours of research and the best place to order this conversion parts is from megazip.net. They have a diagram and you can order everything you need at a good price. They have a Japan warehouse and an American one but Japan is cheaper with quicker shipping. Mine came fairly quick from a warehouse located in Japan. Also I ordered the side fairings from China (which I had to paint to match the tank)as well as the side panels for the headlight. You might get a better deal from the website I posted above earlier.

you’ll have to buy a fz8 headlight for this conversion, which you can buy from USA. I would double confirm if the side panels from mega zip.net match the fz8 headlight. If not just order Them on eBay from China.